Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
What optic and mount do you guys recommend for this setup? Looked at tws mount, but doesn't specify nhm91. I assume mak90 will fit? Thinking maybe a vortex strike fire with 3x magnifier, or a 1-4x scope? Open to other ideas as well, let's hear it. Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in Chinese section.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TWS on a Polytech Type 56S and on a Polytech NM-47 (milled RPK version of the Polytech Legend), so it fits.
I put a Hi-Lux Leatherwood CMR-AK on the NM-47, you could also put a Primary Arms fixed 4x or 1-6x ACSS scope on there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other opinions? Or options?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to add that with the TWS rear peep sight and the scope on a Burris PEPR mount, you could use the irons through the mount..
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
MAC21500,  What is your opinion on the accuracy of the TWS rail, quality/fit/return to zero(after opening and closing of the dust cover)?  I too have a PolyTech AKS, and am looking for a non-permanent optic mounting solution.  I was thinking of the TWS rail, and a PA 1-6.  Can you post pics of your set up?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MAC21500,  What is your opinion on the accuracy of the TWS rail, quality/fit/return to zero(after opening and closing of the dust cover)?  I too have a PolyTech AKS, and am looking for a non-permanent optic mounting solution.  I was thinking of the TWS rail, and a PA 1-6.  Can you post pics of your set up?

Thanks
View Quote

The TWS fits quite snugly, and I'm using the standard recoil spring and guide, not the TWS one that comes with it. You can slide it forward/backwards in a dovetail where it bolts together, and you'll need to so that the front lip doesn't hit the rear sight base and the rear doesn't sit over the ridge on the rear trunnion.

After that, shooting will polish any points of contact between the cover and the bolt carrier, and I am using a recoil buffer.

The top cover wiggles when it is open, and I wouldn't throw the cover open either with a heavy optic, as you'll probably bend the "arm"; there is a side tab you can bend to keep the rear snug to the receiver.

My only gripe with it is that they used a small c-clip to hold the retaining pin into the rear sight base, I would have thought a small cotter pin through a hole in the retaining pin would work better

Here is the current setup, with my other Polytech, a bakelite sidefolder:

As far a zero/accuracy goes, I think this speaks for itself
Zeroing at 25m, the line of shots was me adjusting the optic down
I've had no issues with zero and I open the topcover all the time.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top