Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:11:02 AM EDT
I have a 107FR and have always used the irons.  I am ready to get an optic for it now and have been researching it thoroughly.  I am leaning towards the RS 301 side rail with either AKM or AKML.

I have a T-1 on one of my AR's.  I like it a lot but have never used an Aimpoint like the PRO.  Which do you guys prefer and Why?  Also does the side rail interfere with the closing of the folding stock? Will it close at all?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint micro with RS Regulate 301 and AKML all the way.

The stock won't fold with the mount on the rifle, the only reason to fold it anyways is for storage or transport.

I love mine. Recommend going with the micro as its lighter than a pro.

Here is my 107 with the 301/AKML and a Aimpoint R1

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You're not going  to be able to fold the stock with something mounted on that side rail. Why not consider something like an Ultimak railed gas tube or another similar product?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that the world's first plum Aimpoint?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the replies and your photos Flyleaf..........never seen a purple cover for the aimpoint.  My wife likes it  

As for the the Ultimak..........doesn't your scope get hot from the barrel being in close proximity to your scope??

I really like the Aimpoint to be closer to my eyes than on the Ultimak mount.  

May try the Ultimak mount on my SAM 7 Classic.......haven't shot it yet.    Not sure if I will yet........it's my safe queen!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The heat might affect it if I had a full auto belt fed.  Neither myself nor any other Ultimak owner I'm aware of has had an issue of the heat affecting their optic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Might possibly be

Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies and your photos Flyleaf..........never seen a purple cover for the aimpoint.  My wife likes it  

Thanks, it started out as a FDE micro cover that i Rit Dyed plum.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The heat might affect it if I had a full auto belt fed.  Neither myself nor any other Ultimak owner I'm aware of has had an issue of the heat affecting their optic.
View Quote

Will the RMR withstand the heat of the Ultimak.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see why not. My TRS-25 survived Tactical Rifle 1 and 2 on mine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen others with that set up and haven't heard of issues.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're not going  to be able to fold the stock with something mounted on that side rail. Why not consider something like an Ultimak railed gas tube or another similar product?
View Quote

Not an issue if you have a good side mount. They are designed to return to zero so if you must fold your stock you can remount easily and still be on target.

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top