Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2014 1:13:38 AM EDT

All,
I hope the dodgy phone camera phone pix come through and was hoping for details on the scope pictured.

I purchased it before the ban expired 10+ years ago. It is NOT illuminated like every other PO I find online. It came with a manual ann the tan cover/case in the picture.  It was used a couple of times on an InRange built Bulgarian 74 kit gun. Heavy but nice optic.I checked TX-Zen's page and didn't see any details specific to this model. Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

-F

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that looks exactly like it. No definitive answer on the interwebs, but if yours has the same reticle features as mine, then its likely made for the 7.62x54R caliber.

I discussed the optic here.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
CGP2, thanks. That's a great first step. My reticle and manual are identical. Hopefully, we'll get a few more details.
-F
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one that looks exactly like it. No definitive answer on the interwebs, but if yours has the same reticle features as mine, then its likely made for the 7.62x54R caliber.

View Quote

ok, so the manual that you listed in the original Files thread is different from the scope that you actually possess. The paper manual you listed described a standard PO 3,5x21 that's supposed to go on "standard carbines like Tiger or Saiga". It describes the proper zeroing procedure as well as explains the reticle. BUT. The paper manual, lists maximum shooting distance to 1000 meters, not 2000. this is strange.

Its hard to believe that they expect  you  to shoot out to 2000 meters using either 7,62x39 5,45x39 or even 7,62x54R.

the manual has a standard zero procedure that of 1P78 (kashtan) and PO 3,5x21 with a 400 meter zero.

the 2000 meter reticle is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is the 7.62x39 version and has "AKMC" etched into the FOV of the reticle.  Zero is at 300 meters and reticle is BDC'd out to 800 meters.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a great optic. My rifle and ammo combo doesn't seem to do it justice.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ok, so the manual that you listed in the original Files thread is different from the scope that you actually possess. The paper manual you listed described a standard PO 3,5x21 that's supposed to go on "standard carbines like Tiger or Saiga". It describes the proper zeroing procedure as well as explains the reticle. BUT. The paper manual, lists maximum shooting distance to 1000 meters, not 2000. this is strange.

Its hard to believe that they expect  you  to shoot out to 2000 meters using either 7,62x39 5,45x39 or even 7,62x54R.

the manual has a standard zero procedure that of 1P78 (kashtan) and PO 3,5x21 with a 400 meter zero.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The serial number on the manual is the same as the one etched on the scope. I have another PO 3,5x21 illuminated and that is clearly labeled AK74. Different reticle graduations. Unfortunately, i dont have the matching manual for that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't see the pic right now, but the 2000m reticle is for the RPK74 IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a strange PO3.5x21P. I know Nictra had the same one with the 2000m reticule. I have theorized it's for something like the 12.7 DShK machine gun but IMO the lack of illuminated reticule leans me away from a military scope. Just a theory anyway. I haven't heard anything definitive about this model.

Come to think of it I did forget to mention it on the site too. Odd for me, I've actually known about this model for many years.

Z
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is a strange PO3.5x21P. I know Nictra had the same one with the 2000m reticule. I have theorized it's for something like the 12.7 DShK machine gun but IMO the lack of illuminated reticule leans me away from a military scope. Just a theory anyway. I haven't heard anything definitive about this model.

Come to think of it I did forget to mention it on the site too. Odd for me, I've actually known about this model for many years.

Z
View Quote

I am pretty sure the early ones were non-illuminated and had the different clamps.  I remember when KVAR had these under scopes or at least a picture of them.  I use to have one but sold it; however, it had the 1000m reticle.  As far as I know, they only make the illuminated/updated clamp version now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Z
View Quote

One of the other difference i see compared to my AK74 variant is the distance estimator (or whatever its called) - located on the bottom right. Mine, like the one pictured in the OP, has a 1,7 value. In contrast, my AK74 variant has 1,5. It's been my understanding that 1,7 is military (average man height) and 1,5 is civilian (for hunting game).

I could be wrong though.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top