Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 11:19:52 AM EDT
Bulletin: newbie tried and failed!  Wanted: wisdom on selection of a good AK-47 side scope mount.  Looking for one that will fit my Arsenal Saiga Legion, 7.62x39, Ak-47.  Purchased a side scope mount from Midwest Industries, and was very pleased when I first saw it.  The quality looked excellent...then I mounted it on my AK!  Mounted perfectly, but the picatinny rail does not line up with center of rifle.  Mounted a scope and tried to adjust for this with windage adjustment knob, but I completely ran out of adjustment.  So...I am back to square one and am looking for another side scope mount.  I really would like to find one that correctly sits over the center of receiver as you look down the barrel.  Any recommendations for an AK-47 newbie?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]
RS Regulate

Not cheap.  Very high quality.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, the Midwest Industries mount wasn't a cheap lesson.  The RS Regulate, from the link you sent, looks like a two piece system--even before you add scope mount.  Is that correct?  How do the two RS Regulate components fasten...I didn't see a fastening device on either component?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Just watched a YouTube video by RS Regulate on the modular system.  Nice!! Love the company name too--Royally Screwed!   I see how the two components mate now--lots of versatility too.  Even the upper pieces allow adjustment capabilities so that you can center the rails!  Thanks, Liquidmetal for the help.  I think I've found my answer.  My choice, for the scope I plan to mount, is going to be a AKR upper and a 303 lower.  This won't add much weight to the rifle either.  Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a two piece system, consisting of a base and an upper mount.  Four screws secure the upper to the lower base.  Upper mount is adjustable for windage on the base.
Here is a pic of my personal AK-303 base with AKR upper on a .308 Vepr:

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pic. That combo. is what I am going to do too.  Need the AKR upper to mount my SWFA SS 3-15 x 42 scope.  What size objective lens does your Redfield have?  I noticed you don't have much clearance over the rear fixed sight.  What height are your scope rings?  Making me wonder about my 30mm scope ring height?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
40mm objective on the scope.  Rings are Warne, don't recall the height offhand.

I keep the scope as low as possible on the rifle, so that the objective of the scope just clears the rear sight.  Makes for a better cheek weld on the stock.

Very nice scope you are going with on yours.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Just chiming in 100% agreement with LM on the RS mounts, best-of-breed of the sidemounts to me, very lightweight yet solid, the modularity is a big plus too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RS Regulate

Not cheap.  Very high quality.  
View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Quality mount as well.  I use one on my .308 Saiga with a Leupold 1.5-4x variable.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]
The RS Regulate allows wind age adjustments, so that scope sits over center of rifle.  The Midwest Industries mount is an excellent mount.  It just didn't fit well over my rifle, and no way to adjust it to correct it. I am not familiar with the Arsenal mount, but it doesn't appear to be adjustable either.  I love that the RS Regulate is adjustable so that you can ensure that the picatinny rail is centered on the rifle.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top