Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 2:36:15 PM EDT
Well I picked up a dot for my shotgun the other day and was wondering if anyone had a good range to zero this at?

I was thinking 50 yds would be a good distance as that would be the typical range for geese. I know it has a full choke but I have not been able to pattern the gun yet.
Has anyone on here attempted this before? I have a rough zero and can hit clays pretty well but was wondering if there is anything special I need to do.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My two Vepr 12s and one Saiga 12 all have red dots.  All are zeroed at 50 yards, it is my preferred range for zeroing a shotgun.  Works well for all-around usage.

I normally remove the red dots for grouse and other fast movers, but leave them on the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't comment on an optimal zero distance for a shotgun but I zeroed Rakurs for slugs at 50 yards and it was great for hitting clays

Z
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't comment on an optimal zero distance for a shotgun but I zeroed Rakurs for slugs at 50 yards and it was great for hitting clays

Z
View Quote

That is the most beautiful saiga shotgun i have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z

Amen!! That looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, it was a fun project that I did about 5 years ago before you could cool stuff like the Vepr12s.

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top