Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2014 10:47:24 PM EDT
I was looking for an inexpensive red dot scope to mount on my AK. Read lots of positive reviews about the Bushnell TRS 25  scope so I decided to purchase one.  

The dot is very bright and crisp and I like the fact the brightness adjustment knob is firm and "clicks" with each adjustment this insures it will not move unless you move it, no accidental "on"which insures I wouldn't drain the battery.

The Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot performed very well during my first time at the range.  I shot multiple 3-shot groups at a distance of ~30yards.  Zeroing the scope, I found the windage and elevation adjustment to be firm and could detect positive click positions.  I adjusted the scope slightly (both windage & elevation) to achieve zero, I was pleasantly pleased it didn't take much to get it zero'd in, approximately nine shoots and I very achieving very tight groups :-). I also set clay pigeons out to 60yards and I was delighted that I could easy pick them off...Love this scope!

Since I was shooting in the early morning facing east with the sun low on the eastern horizon I had the illumination of the red dot set on the "5" power, which was perfect for the light conditions.  

I am pleased with the results during my initial outing but time will tell whether this scope can stand up to an AK.  

Bottom line, at this point I can recommend this scope especially at $79.00 from Amazon !
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 of them.  Best budget red dot out there IMO.  One tough little RDS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I like them for a cheap optic

here's my torture tests

heat and recoil  44 and 5.45 mag dumps

I load my 629 with 24gr. Win-296 / 240gr HP... THWACK

so far, both are holding up.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed, love it. The positive adjustments are a huge plus. For the price, it'd be hard to beat it. The battery lasts forever too, I may have accidentally left it on once but its still alive and kickin
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
how crisp is the dot?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one, and I prefer the PA Micro dot.

Better CS, and crisper dot. The trs has a smaller moa dot on mine compared to the PA micro dot. Too small for my tastes.

Plus, I like the ergonomics of the micro dot and the removable base. Shot hundreds of rounds with the micro dot as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how crisp is the dot?
View Quote

The dot on my 3 are nice and crisp.  Like any RDS, the dot will bloom if you crank up the brightness too far.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have  a few PA dots and a few TRS25s. I like the newer generation of PA dots better than the TRS 25. The TRS has a darker tint to the lenses and the newer PA dots now have a rotation stop after turning to the highest or lowest  brightness setting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Any chance any of you also have an Aimpoint? How does it stack up to it clarity wise? I know it doesn't have as long a battery life and the ruggedness probably isn't as high (But it sounds like it's been getting a lot of praise). My main concern is how clear the glass is... any color distortion?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any chance any of you also have an Aimpoint? How does it stack up to it clarity wise? I know it doesn't have as long a battery life and the ruggedness probably isn't as high (But it sounds like it's been getting a lot of praise). My main concern is how clear the glass is... any color distortion?
View Quote

I have both and the trs25 has a bluish tint.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the cheap RDS I've ever seen have a bluish tint. That's a problem for me because blue=dark. For the range it is fine, but if it were a range gun then it would be magnified. I guess it would work for daytime training or 3-gun stuff though. However, I want an RDS that is night vision compatible, and a dark lense ruins that option. I'm stuck with Aimpoints right now, and too much of a miser to pony up for the Aimpoint Micro. I wish there were a micro doc that was NV compatible and affordable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I ponied up for a Aimpoint R1 and T1 and it was worth it compared to the BUshnell and others.

The little things that made it a quirk just made it more annoying.

THe aimpoint so far lives up to the expectactions
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 2 moa H1 on my AR pistol and I just ordered the TRS-25 for my M92 Pap pistol. I've seen nothing but good reviews about the sight so I want to try it for my beater gun
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have a 2 moa H1 on my AR pistol and I just ordered the TRS-25 for my M92 Pap pistol. I've seen nothing but good reviews about the sight so I want to try it for my beater gun
View Quote

Yup, TRS-25 + M92 = good stuff.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had one on my AR for over a year with no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://s20.postimg.org/bx1nrw4n1/M92_006.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://s20.postimg.org/bx1nrw4n1/M92_006.jpg

Got one too.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Got out to the range to zero mine today. Zeroed it in 3 shots and it was dead on at 50 yards. Took out the half dollar size red bullseye then had a hard time hitting the middle because there wasn't any red left to see the center of the target . Shot a total of 30 rounds with it. I'll see if it holds zero between now and the next time I shoot it. I've got it mounted on a CNC Warrior dust cover rail. Mine is the white font, LED diode at 6 o'clock, AR version that comes with the high mount but I don't use it.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top