Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:34:50 AM EDT
If so, can someone comment on the optic or do a review?  I have been searching for a while and haven't found anything.  Thank you.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA33A-13
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I use one (green reticle) on a 7.62x39 AR.  It's your typical ACOG:  Built like a tank, lightweight, awesome glass.  Being a TA33, the eye relief is quite good.  I really like the green horseshoe reticle and consider it superior to the red chevron of my TA31F (personal preference).  I consider it money very well spent.

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
^ Can't wait for RS to come out with an AKOG mount and really wish they make one to fit this model properly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I use one (green reticle) on a 7.62x39 AR.  It's your typical ACOG:  Built like a tank, lightweight, awesome glass.  Being a TA33, the eye relief is quite good.  I really like the green horseshoe reticle and consider it superior to the red chevron of my TA31F (personal preference).  I consider it money very well spent.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Liquidmetalpics/AR%20Pics/681c9541.jpg

God damnit, you're always posting pictures of your fucking fantastic AKs and other gear, now this shit?! WHY CAN'T YOU CUT MY WALLET SOME SLACK!?

I envy your collection.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Liquidmetalpics/AR%20Pics/681c9541.jpg

Thanks for the response and pic!  I have a few questions if you don't mind...

1) Have you run it on an AK?  If so, what kind of stock did you use and how was the cheek weld?
2) Is the green reticle easier to see than the red?  Does it ever get lost in foliage?
3) What is the farthest you have shot it?  How was the accuracy?
4) How are close range shots?  I have a 2.75x Burris Scout and it is a little slow for close in.  
5) Do you have any reticle pics?  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1) Have you run it on an AK?  If so, what kind of stock did you use and how was the cheek weld?  Sorry, it has only been used on an AR to this point.  It will probably never leave that AR to be honest.
2) Is the green reticle easier to see than the red?  Does it ever get lost in foliage?  I believe the green is easier to pick up than the red.  A different set of eyes may see things differently however.  It contrasts well with foliage, it does not get lost.  The shade of green used by Trijicon is very different than the shades of green you will typically see in nature.  I definitely prefer the green of this TA33 to the red reticle of my TA31F.
3) What is the farthest you have shot it?  How was the accuracy?  200 yards is the furthest I have shot out to thus far with this particular ACOG.  It is zeroed at 100 meters and the 200 yard shooting I did was at a zombie silhouettes, I was not shooting at that distance for accuracy.  The accuracy of my AR is irrelevant to AK usage anyway.  Either one of my two 7.62x39 ARs will out-shoot any of my AKs.
4) How are close range shots?  I have a 2.75x Burris Scout and it is a little slow for close in.  Closest of I used this TA33 is 50 yards and had no difficulty.  CQB capabilities with this optic are low on my personal priority list with this rifle and optic.  I have an Eotech EXPS2 with a 3.25x G23FTS magnifier that I could put on this particular rifle anytime I felt the need to have the best of both worlds.
5) Do you have any reticle pics? I do not.  I have stolen a pic of a TA33 (not a G-13 however) with the green horseshoe reticle and posted it below.  The G-13 looks exactly like that but the reticle is only graduated to 600 meters, not the 800 meters shown.  Otherwise, that's exactly what you see and how you see it.

Thank you.

My responses in red.
I will add some additional info that I received from Trijicon from an e-mail inquiry that I made. According to Trijicon, the reticle is calibrated for a 123 gr. bullet with a BC of .270 and a MV of 2355 fps.  Accuracy of the reticle will depend on your particular load's adherence to those specs.

Referenced pic:

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one mounted on my AK on a TWS dogled rail.  It's great.  just like any other ACOG out there.  I use the hole on the bottom as a rear peep site.  lines up with the FS just fine
I agree that it is a step up from the chevron.  Here in Hawaii where all the foliage is green, the red color stands out better.

Link Posted: 4/20/2012 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

1) Have you run it on an AK?  If so, what kind of stock did you use and how was the cheek weld?  Sorry, it has only been used on an AR to this point.  It will probably never leave that AR to be honest.

2) Is the green reticle easier to see than the red?  Does it ever get lost in foliage?  I believe the green is easier to pick up than the red.  A different set of eyes may see things differently however.  It contrasts well with foliage, it does not get lost.  The shade of green used by Trijicon is very different than the shades of green you will typically see in nature.  I definitely prefer the green of this TA33 to the red reticle of my TA31F.

3) What is the farthest you have shot it?  How was the accuracy?  200 yards is the furthest I have shot out to thus far with this particular ACOG.  It is zeroed at 100 meters and the 200 yard shooting I did was at a zombie silhouettes, I was not shooting at that distance for accuracy.  The accuracy of my AR is irrelevant to AK usage anyway.  Either one of my two 7.62x39 ARs will out-shoot any of my AKs.

4) How are close range shots?  I have a 2.75x Burris Scout and it is a little slow for close in.  Closest of I used this TA33 is 50 yards and had no difficulty.  CQB capabilities with this optic are low on my personal priority list with this rifle and optic.  I have an Eotech EXPS2 with a 3.25x G23FTS magnifier that I could put on this particular rifle anytime I felt the need to have the best of both worlds.

5) Do you have any reticle pics? I do not.  I have stolen a pic of a TA33 (not a G-13 however) with the green horseshoe reticle and posted it below.  The G-13 looks exactly like that but the reticle is only graduated to 600 meters, not the 800 meters shown.  Otherwise, that's exactly what you see and how you see it.

Thank you.

My responses in red.

I will add some additional info that I received from Trijicon from an e-mail inquiry that I made. According to Trijicon, the reticle is calibrated for a 123 gr. bullet with a BC of .270 and a MV of 2355 fps.  Accuracy of the reticle will depend on your particular load's adherence to those specs.

Referenced pic:

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/OpticsReticles/Trijicon/TA33G-H_2.jpg

Liquidmetal,

Thanks for the details, much appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got one mounted on my AK on a TWS dogled rail.  It's great.  just like any other ACOG out there.  I use the hole on the bottom as a rear peep site.  lines up with the FS just fine
I agree that it is a step up from the chevron.  Here in Hawaii where all the foliage is green, the red color stands out better.

http://www.kaneohegs.com/images/ak_worthwhile_enhancements_texas_weapons_systems_rail_trijicon_acog_b.jpg

Thanks.  What is the max distance you have shot it?  Have you ever pushed it past 300m?  Results?
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top