Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2016 12:28:51 PM EDT

I know we have all seen photos of one before...
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that two, together here in the US?!?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!

atxj: I emailed you (your inbox is full)
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cleared out my inbox, Birch, send your traffic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 9 total in the US with 2 being in my possession.

=)
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Painted?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the 5.45 mags are pained polymer. Only the ceremonial 7.62x39 Bakelite mags are dyed or stained. I'm being told there are now 1-2 in the US but I haven't been successful getting pictures of them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, the 5.45 mags are pained polymer. Only the ceremonial 7.62x39 Bakelite mags are dyed or stained. I'm being told there are now 1-2 in the US but I haven't been successful getting pictures of them.
View Quote

Hmmm.....not to disparage the OP's mags, but that makes for a very sketchy market.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Agreed. I love and will continue to collect rare AK mags, but a) I'll be sticking with 7.62x39, and b) I won't be dealing with magazines whose rarity is determined by paint. Just not something I'm comfortable with.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice and rare polymer mags you have there!

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is false, they are the same material as the plum mags, only they are dyed green instead of plum. They most certainly are not painted, I have held one personally and know this to be true.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that right? If so I gladly stand corrected; like I stated previously, my interest lies in 7.62x39 mags so I don't pay as close attention to the 5.45 mags. I got enough of a head shake moment when I saw them originally sold as "green bakelite".
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that right? If so I gladly stand corrected; like I stated previously, my interest lies in 7.62x39 mags so I don't pay as close attention to the 5.45 mags. I got enough of a head shake moment when I saw them originally sold as "green bakelite".
View Quote

As do I. I got handed one, and was shocked to see what it was! It was cool to check one out in the flesh though, you can see the white polymer flecks in it, just like true Russian plum furniture. The 7.62 border guard mags ARE true bakelite, however I don't think there are any in country... at least none that have been shown publicly. I can't imagine what that mag would be worth, should one come up for sale here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]

I personally know the guy who probably sold these to the OP. His name is Alexander. Hes been auctioning them off little by little and he is here in the states. This is what all he actually has/had before auctioning items. I don't believe he has posted the furniture, bayo, and factory 20rd 545 tanker, or the ceremonial tag. But the hype will build and make him more money when he does decide. I already have been trying to get him to sell me the bayo. lol

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Very sexy picture.  Over on AKFiles they have been discussing some of these, hope you don't mind me cross posting that picture along with a comment about find all of these things at a yard sale along the Russian Border and donating them to my local Goodwill.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I personally know the guy who probably sold these to the OP. His name is Alexander. Hes been auctioning them off little by little and he is here in the states. This is what all he actually has/had before auctioning items. I don't believe he has posted the furniture, bayo, and factory 20rd 545 tanker, or the ceremonial tag. But the hype will build and make him more money when he does decide. I already have been trying to get him to sell me the bayo. lol
View Quote

I don't suppose your friend, or anyone else you know, would be willing to part with the Russian plum waffle? That's one of my personal unicorns that will set me nicely before I go back into "saving for house" mode. It wouldn't perfectly match my Russian plum furniture set but it would make me feel good regardless.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Very sexy picture.  Over on AKFiles they have been discussing some of these, hope you don't mind me cross posting that picture along with a comment about find all of these things at a yard sale along the Russian Border and donating them to my local Goodwill.

View Quote

I don't mind. I don't think he's openly posted this picture. Right now hes been doing a lot of auctions on FB.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't suppose your friend, or anyone else you know, would be willing to part with the Russian plum waffle? That's one of my personal unicorns that will set me nicely before I go back into "saving for house" mode. It wouldn't perfectly match my Russian plum furniture set but it would make me feel good regardless.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's been doing auctions on FB. He sold a few of the green bakelites for about 2k a pop. No selling in any of these threads, but if you're on FB, check out some of the AK auction pages. You'll see him pop up occasionally.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Green honor guard furniture just went up on the files.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Green honor guard furniture just went up on the files.
View Quote

Safe to assume your friend is the one posting that up over on the files?

If only I won the Billion $$$ Powerball earlier this year.

I would not only buy that up but I would then invest a few million into making exact copies so everyone could then get these on the cheap.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/zeromanforlife/media/green.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/zeromanforlife/green.jpg</a>
View Quote

That cat an importer able to cherry pick stuff?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's been doing auctions on FB. He sold a few of the green bakelites for about 2k a pop. No selling in any of these threads, but if you're on FB, check out some of the AK auction pages. You'll see him pop up occasionally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2k?!  Wow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#23]

He cherry picks stuff all the time. On some of our secret FB groups we see some of the craziest stuff. 1st production 74 mags. Izzy stamped Coffin mags. Clear Izzy polymer. Early production glass filled bakelite.In all do respect to the OP of these green mags, I've seen way rarer mags out there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Without a doubt Kyle! I have but a tiny sliver of the unicorn game. Hell I just saw a vertical ribbed aluminum 7.62 russian mag sell recently!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#25]
One of these would like nice in my Yugo underfolder.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#26]

<snip>       All sales or want to buys must take place in the EE.  See #2 from the conduct code. dryflash3

SPECIFIC TO SALES

1. Companies or individuals may not  advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without  permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry  Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and  also require admin permission.

2. Companies or individuals interested  in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This  includes links to auctions.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#28]
System Message
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top