Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2016 9:28:46 PM EDT
I have been seeing a lot  of Korean AK magazines for sale at the local gun shows.  They are black (appear to be painted).  They are shiny not flat and they are not grey.  They come in 10, 20, 30 and 40 rounders.  They look good and fit good but appear lighter in weight / possibly thinner metal.  

Any input or feed back on these???

NOTE:  I am not asking what mags should I get...I am just looking for info on these Korean mags.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Myself, I wouldn't bother with them as you can get real deal surplus commie bullet proof mags for $15 - $20 if you shop around.

Just watch the mag deal tacked thread at the top of the page.
View Quote

Thanks...I have dozens of "Commie" mags.   I am just looking for feedback and info on the black shiny Korean mags. I see them for $9 at gun shows for 40 rounders.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some of the black 20 round Korean mags, they are decent mags for the money and work just fine in my Vepr. Some people have had issues with them.

They are noticeably thinner metal than genuine surplus mags.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have some of the black 20 round Korean mags, they are decent mags for the money and work just fine in my Vepr. Some people have had issues with them.

They are noticeably thinner metal than genuine surplus mags.
View Quote

Thanks...I am thinking about picking up a couple 40 rd'er from next gun show.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they have the back spine?  Are they made of aluminum (try magnet test)?  If they are 50% less in cost than a PMAG, then go, otherwise, nah.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Under $10 for commie steel, I know what I am buying.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The black shiny ones are the latest Koreans. I have one of their 20 and it runs fine in my WASR & Draco.

Most reports on the new 20s are good but seems as the capacity goes up so does the complaints, I haven't heard many good things about the 40s although the springs in the Koreans are light so a heavier spring may fix that.
But that's more $$$ which puts you closer to the cost of genuine surplus.

The 20s are a bargain compared to the cost of Hungarian Tankers, but I wouldn't bother with Korean 30s at today's prices for surplus.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks...good input.  

Quoted:
The black shiny ones are the latest Koreans. I have one of their 20 and it runs fine in my WASR & Draco.

Most reports on the new 20s are good but seems as the capacity goes up so does the complaints, I haven't heard many good things about the 40s although the springs in the Koreans are light so a heavier spring may fix that.

The 20s are a bargain compared to the cost of Hungarian Tankers, but I wouldn't bother with Korean 30s at today's prices for surplus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't remember about the spine but they do not feel like aluminum.  

Again I am just attempting to learn more about this magazine...I do know about the P-Mags and such.

Thanks

Quoted:
Do they have the back spine?  Are they made of aluminum (try magnet test)?  If they are 50% less in cost than a PMAG, then go, otherwise, nah.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#11]

I picked up a few and they fit in my SAR-1 but not in my Pap 92.  They are a bit fatter at the top so if you decide to go with them it would be great if you can try one first to make sure it fits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's good news, I want some 20s but don't want to pay the surplus price for the Hungarian tankers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks...good advise.  

Quoted:

I picked up a few and they fit in my SAR-1 but not in my Pap 92.  They are a bit fatter at the top so if you decide to go with them it would be great if you can try one first to make sure it fits.
View Quote

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top