Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did you clean up the springs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered 4 and they arrived today.  There were a couple minor dings.  1 mag had small amounts of surface rust on the spring but cleaned up easily.  2 Fit perfectly, 1 was a little loose and the other was a tight fit on a Southern Armament receiver.

I'm happy with the purchase and may have to order some more.

How did you clean up the springs?
It was only in 1 mag, but I used a cotton rag with some CLP and was able to remove it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh okay. then just leave the clp on for protection?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't believe these are still in stock.  Gonna have to pick up at least 10
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought 10 want more. My first 10 were great...
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought some
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some of these as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought 10 of them not long ago...........all are good, except one that has a bend in the metal and will not allow me to load more than 4 rounds............I contacted AIM to see what I could do about swapping it out for a good one
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought another ten Hungarian ones from whatacountry.

No rust, no paint, 10/$100

fwiw
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

fwiw
View Quote

These are really good in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
they have some 4.99/6.99 ones listed now, scratch and dent and rusted

I'll try ten since we're snowed in anyway....
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fwiw

Me too, the ones I got were all nice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fwiw

I tried 10 of the 6.99 "follower moves freely" ones, got them in today. Amazing. Little rust, maybe a small dent. Wish I had bought all of these instead of the $10 ones....
Don't know if I'd chance the 4.99 rusted and dented ones.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
My 10 from AIM arrived , 5 have lined out serial numbers on the back , 5 do not . They look great .
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got 10 of them in yesterday.  They looked great, and the followers moved smoothly, so I was thinking about ordering more.  Then I tried to insert them into my DDI stamped rifle...no good.  The three I tried wouldn't fit - Romanian steel, the cheap Bulgarian mags SG Ammo sells, and a Magpul MOE mag all go in fine (though with no wobble).  I'm guessing the paint (which really looks great) is just thick enough to cause issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got 10 of them in yesterday.  They looked great, and the followers moved smoothly, so I was thinking about ordering more.  Then I tried to insert them into my DDI stamped rifle...no good.  The three I tried wouldn't fit - Romanian steel, the cheap Bulgarian mags SG Ammo sells, and a Magpul MOE mag all go in fine (though with no wobble).  I'm guessing the paint (which really looks great) is just thick enough to cause issues.
View Quote

DDI magwells are known to be tight, quite common. You can fix it yourself or contact DDI or sleep on it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Eh, I'd rather just stick with mags that work in the gun as is.  They do look nice though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Just bought 20 from Aim.

All 20 fit perfectly in my M70ab2.  

Only 6 would fit in my N-Pap, the others would not lock up no matter what

The N-Pap works fine with every other mag I own (30+) so it is safe to say that the Polish mags from AIM are out of spec because of the thick paint.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Got 4 in.
They look great.
One is a real tight fit in my Mini Draco.
Probably have to file on the rear lug, like some others have said.

Hasn't anyone noticed the smell????

Mine were apparently carried in the boots of old Polish soldiers.

Anyway, I tested one today and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#20]
All gone.  When they coming back?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wish I knew. Probably a while. Just checked their website and they are drained on AK mags. Korean 10 rd is all they have.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

so it is safe to say that the Polish mags from AIM are out of spec because of the thick paint.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

so it is safe to say that the Polish mags from AIM are out of spec because of the thick paint.

Quoted:
Got my 10. 9 fit perfectly, one was a little tight due to excess paint thickness. Fortunately, AKs are "self fitting" when it comes to mags. Just sit in front of the TV, fire up an episode of the a team on Netflix and install/Remove the mag about a hundy times... Blowing paint bits off from time to time... and, done!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wish I knew. Probably a while. Just checked their website and they are drained on AK mags. Korean 10 rd is all they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatacountry still has 10 Hungarian for $99.50

Not painted, the ones I got were nicely used and good to go.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bryan claims a few weeks via reply in the AIM sub forum.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Just received mine from WAC and they were better than I had expected.  Would rather order these than the SGAmmo repainted Romanian/Bulgarian/Whatever Eastern Euro I got about a year ago for $79/10 or whatever they were.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.  Just received mine from WAC and they were better than I had expected.  Would rather order these than the SGAmmo refurbished Romanian/Bulgarian/Whatever Eastern Euro I got about a year ago for $79/10 or whatever they were.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Just received mine from WAC and they were better than I had expected.  Would rather order these than the SGAmmo refurbished Romanian/Bulgarian/Whatever Eastern Euro I got about a year ago for $79/10 or whatever they were.  

Exactly.

To me, if the magazine is painted, well, think about it, it's painted for a reason.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Exactly.

To me, if the magazine is painted, well, think about it, it's painted for a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Uh, because they're 40 year old surplus steel with comprimised finishes and they don't want them to rust away??? Nothing at all wrong or sinister with dealers (or arsenals) being proactive in preserving or refurbishing military surplus. Parking and/or painting magazines isn't uncommon when military arsenals refurbish their own mags. We're not talking about used cars here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Uh, because they're 40 year old surplus steel with comprimised finishes and they don't want them to rust away??? Nothing at all wrong or sinister with dealers (or arsenals) being proactive in preserving or refurbishing military surplus. Parking and/or painting magazines isn't uncommon when military arsenals refurbish their own mags. We're not talking about used cars here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

+1, sometimes i'll take the time to do this myself, nothing like a freshly sandblasted and painted AK mag, i've sold some like this too, so sometimes the reason it's been painted is that someone took the time to do it right, i'll pay more for a mag like that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Just received the 6 I ordered from AM. Took them apart. Little to no corrosion,  . I cleaned them all up. They look great. For $11 a mag, they are an excellent deal on 47 mags.

One fit a little snug in my MAK 90, but a little sanding on the paint and no problem. That's the pruce i want to pay for AK mags... No Way I will pay the $25-$30.

The 4 old Chinese mags I have are in way worse condition then the Polish ones I just bought, and they work just fine. After about 25 years, I finally took them apart and cleaned them to.

I've had them and the gun since 1990 when I bought it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top