Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:44:12 PM EDT
Searched Korean magazine and did not come up with a thread on these ( maybe bad search skills)
I need to buy some 7.63x39 mags and was wondering if these new mags are any good? I have Eastern Europe surplus mags but wanted to get more mags and did not know if I would be disappointed in the new Korean magazines. Any first hand advice would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would buy skip the Korean, go with some of the best, Eastern Europe surplus mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Searched Korean magazine and did not come up with a thread on these ( maybe bad search skills)
I need to buy some 7.63x39 mags and was wondering if these new mags are any good? I have Eastern Europe surplus mags but wanted to get more mags and did not know if I would be disappointed in the new Korean magazines. Any first hand advice would be great.
Thanks in advance!

I would buy skip the Korean, go with some of the best, Eastern Europe surplus mags.

This.

Now i do have one Korean 30 round mag that i got from a member here in a trade package just to try out for fun to see how long it lasts.

So far it has run flawlessly,not a single problem.The metal is much thinner than the the commie mags as well as the follower.

While they may work,for a bit more money get the war proven and tested steel com-bloc mags
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
People tend to like the 20s, but there's not much love for the 30s.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found all Korean mags to be junk.  Buy Chicom or Eastern Euro Combloc mags for your AK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Great advice! I just knew $8.00 per mag was too good to be true for a quality mag.
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the black finished ones seem a bit better than the grey. I have both and the grey ones are prone to rusting easily.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
They grey one are hit or miss , mainly miss . I have not tried a black one and dumped all of my grey ones
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one of the latest Korean 20s, seems to work fine in my WASR but not in my PTR-32. Based on other threads the 30s don't seem to fare as well, I was under the impression the grey ones were older & less reliable than the current production in black. I think there are better sub $10 mag options than the Koreans. Been some good deals on surplus Romanian mags popping up but not sure who has the best deal right now.

Although I prefer steel to poly I'd grab a Tapco before I'd buy another Korean as a budget option, wasn't too long ago I saw them on sale for $5 and last I looked I think classic firearms had them for $6 but shipping was kinda high so you had to buy an armful to offset shipping.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The 30 rnd grey Korean mags I got.....

1) the follower is wrong dimensions. The rear hangs too low and sometimes a round won't get picked up. You can exchange the Korean follower with a combloc follower and see the difference.

2) on some AKs, the bolt will catch on the lips of the mag going forward. If you compare it with a combloc mag, the comblock mag has a bevel cut on each lip for the bolt to pass while the korean mag doesn't.

Other than that, they're ok, I use them on the range, none have fell apart on me yet.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I have only 20 rnd and 10 rnd Korean mags and stay with mil surplus 30 rnd mags. I like their 20 rnd mags, the only problem I had is the rear locking tab is a bit wide and hit the release lever side  guards if not aligned properly. You will see the mil surplus mag locking tab is a bit narrower and won't hit the sides. No problem, just file a little chamfer and works fine. I experienced the follower rear sitting low on the 10 rounder, you can feel the follower spring is a little weak and follower rear can rock back and sit low, results in bolt not picking up the round and rides over. I use a round nose punch to put a dimple on the follower top rear face to raise the rear a little, works! I may do that to my 20 rnd mags too.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top