Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2015 9:23:02 PM EDT
Found a bunch online for $15 each. Are they a well made magazine? Fit and function well?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They are my favorite range/plinking mag but I wouldn't pay 15. I bought a bunch a couple years back for around 7 each.  

Surprisingly I have read that these are not actually commercial mags.  They were manufactured for several Polish contracts and internal use.  They may have no steel reinforcements,  but neither do the current issue Beryl mags. Don't know how true this is.

Have not broken any yet.  They're very light and load up easily. Snap in tight in Romanian,  Russian, Serbian rifles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They work well enough.  No FTF or FTE.  Keep in mind they are without steel feed lips and lugs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
For the range? For sure... Serious use? Nah, stick with circle 10s, steel surplus, bakes,  or the like.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The feedlips will crack and the baseplate retaining lips will/can crack on the Polish mags with steel liners.
The plastic seems more brittle. I wish they had better plastic because I like them better than circle 10 mags.
Mine Polish mags did crack and I would only use them for range/practice.
I buy steel surplus euro or chinese flatbacks for my go to bag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Found a bunch online for $15 each. Are they a well made magazine? Fit and function well?
View Quote

Watch this by mrgunsgear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PtdNsbXYk
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Watch this by mrgunsgear

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch this by mrgunsgear

Sorry, I may have misunderstood.
I was referring to the metal lined Polish mags, he says he is reviewing the NON METAL LINED mags.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The original Polish military 'slab-side' mags with steel reinforcement have not been available for a long time. I think they're collectable now. I have a pair of them I've never used.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The original Polish military 'slab-side' mags with steel reinforcement have not been available for a long time. I think they're collectable now. I have a pair of them I've never used.
View Quote

Have a pair also, mold number 1 & 2 , but they had a spotty reputation also.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
That's why I never used them! :)
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top