Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2015 7:35:17 PM EDT
I ordered 10. Hope they look ok. Said to be functional.  

Anyone else get them the last time they were in stock?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I got some about a year ago, most were Hungarian. Typical surplus condition, scratches and some wear from use but they all function great.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote

In my experience, SGAmmo tends to UNDER-rate their mags based on the descriptions on their site.  I have purchased numerous times from them over the years and always been pleasantly surprised at how nice their surplus mags are.  Most recently I snagged some that were described as "Good, Used" condition IIRC and when they arrived, damned if they didn't appear to be near new with only minimal rubs on the mag bodies from storage/insertion in a rifle for function check or otherwise barely used with about the same level of rubs/marked on the mag bodies and minimal if any wear on the followers.  I haven't seen the 10-pack deal referenced above, but I would have no qualms about ordering from SGAmmo and trusting that I was getting at least what was promised/advertised if not better.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here you go: http://www.sgammo.com/product/762x39/10-pack-30-round-ak-47-mag-used-condition-varies-good-very-good-eastern-european-mili

In my experience, SGAmmo tends to UNDER-rate their mags based on the descriptions on their site.  I have purchased numerous times from them over the years and always been pleasantly surprised at how nice their surplus mags are.  Most recently I snagged some that were described as "Good, Used" condition IIRC and when they arrived, damned if they didn't appear to be near new with only minimal rubs on the mag bodies from storage/insertion in a rifle for function check or otherwise barely used with about the same level of rubs/marked on the mag bodies and minimal if any wear on the followers.  I haven't seen the 10-pack deal referenced above, but I would have no qualms about ordering from SGAmmo and trusting that I was getting at least what was promised/advertised if not better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link?
Here you go: http://www.sgammo.com/product/762x39/10-pack-30-round-ak-47-mag-used-condition-varies-good-very-good-eastern-european-mili

Never ordered mags from them but ammo on a regular basis.  They have always been a stand up company, even during shortages.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you!!!

Just bought another 10.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of folks here have bought mags per that deal. The mags are usually as-described or better quality and 100% functional. I'm glad to see they've brought it back.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just need free shipping now.  I know I am a tool!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive bought mags from them quite a few times.....Mags have ALWAYS been 100% functional.

SGAmmo is GTG!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't snagged this batch, but about 20 on the last go around and all of them were just fine. Excellent deal and most solid mags for the money a guy looking to stack on the cheap could ask for. Although I believe they raised the price by $10, still a good buy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Received mine last week, had time to inspect them this weekend.   Finish is excellent, no rust, and little cosmo.
8 out of the 20 had dents in the sides of the mag that will need to be bumped out for the follower to pass.   1 had the front of the feed lips spread out, it may need a vice.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Received mine last week, had time to inspect them this weekend.   Finish is excellent, no rust, and little cosmo.
8 out of the 20 had dents in the sides of the mag that will need to be bumped out for the follower to pass.   1 had the front of the feed lips spread out, it may need a vice.
View Quote

No rust huh? Luck of the draw I guess as all except for two had pitting and rust with my batch. I have the worst three soaking in a tub of cola right now, the others I'm just going to clean with some Kroil and call it a day.

Still not a bad deal, but given others glowing reviews of near new mags I was hoping for a little better.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone wanting AK 47 mags, Just ordered 10 of the Hungarians "Excellent to like new condition" from SGAmmo. Get 10 and price break to $14.95 each. 2 were a little scratched up but still very nice, the other 8 are pristine. They did require cleaning, my OCD kicked in and they all got broken down, got a bath and a fresh coat of CLP. So far I can't find any markings/stamps. I have always enjoyed doing business with SGAmmo, my bank account would be overflowing if it wasn't for them and their never ending supply of absolute necessities !!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No rust huh? Luck of the draw I guess as all except for two had pitting and rust with my batch. I have the worst three soaking in a tub of cola right now, the others I'm just going to clean with some Kroil and call it a day.

Still not a bad deal, but given others glowing reviews of near new mags I was hoping for a little better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of the ones I bought had any rust I could find. It sounds like you got the worst of the pile; and in spite of good condition of magazines I received, their description on the website (at least when I bought mine) set the bar fairly low.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]
SGAMMO had them fairly priced at $9.  Now SGAMMO has them overpriced at $15.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Is there a better deal than new/like new hungarian mags for $14.95  ? .BTW i bought 10 and all are new condition.

Quoted:
SGAMMO had them fairly priced at $9.  Now SGAMMO has them overpriced at $15.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Whatacountry has a deal going like 10 for $99 but don't have a link handy
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whatacountry has a deal going like 10 for $99 but don't have a link handy
View Quote

Look in the red sticky thread at the top of the mags section.Last post has the info
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top