Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:00:32 PM EDT
I am looking to get a couple 20 round mags. Anyone have a recommended brand or source. Thanks, Scott
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Just received some from 'What a Country". Very pleased.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered a 20 rd Tanker and 2-30 rd East Germans a few days ago.

https://whatacountry.com/hungarian-ak-47-20-round-magazine.aspx
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch 30 bucks.... Good mags though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the Korean 20s - said to be good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The new Korean 20 Round magazines (dark black) have been good for me.  I've only shot 20 rounds through each of my 3 magazines, so take that into account.

CDNN  has them in stock for $8.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried one of the CDNN Korean 20s, worked fine in my WASR with a good lockup, no wobble. Didn't seat quite as smoothly as the surplus Romanians mine came with but could probably be fixed with a file. Someone else (maybe Centerfire) has them for the same price. CDNN charges flat $10 shipping last time I ordered mine. Like all Asian/Korean AK mags the steel is thin but functions fine. Biggest complaint of the Asian mags seems to be the feed lips separating and causing misfeeds but my 20 is better made than previous Asian 30s I've seen.

The Hungarian Tankers are the best and the most expensive for $27 a pop. But every one I've bought has been in Like New condition and seem to work in every rifle I can find. If I bought more 20s I'd probably just spring for these.

The Tapco 20s work fine in my WASR as well after filing the sides down a bit, I think they can be had for about $9 as well. The springs in my Tapco 20s are much shorter than either the Tankers or the Korean 20s, hasn't caused a problem yet but it's the only criticism I have for the Tapcos.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try the Korean 20s - said to be good.
View Quote

I got 4 of these from CDNN. They work great in my 3 AK's.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up grabbing 2 tapco and 2 of the korean 20 rounders to try out.. Thanks for all the input
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ended up grabbing 2 tapco and 2 of the korean 20 rounders to try out.. Thanks for all the input
View Quote

How have they worked???
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I was given three of the Korean 20 rounders.  They work perfect in my WASR 10.  I am very happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought several Hungarian tanker mags years ago, and a few tapco 20s a couple years back. The tankers are perfect. The tapco 20 rd mags work fine, but I have noticed a problem with the 30 rd mags. My wife was able to stuff 31 rounds into them, which made them impossible to lock into the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I convert mags into 20s. I prefer them that way. Plus when people see a bakelite tanker they wonder where I got it.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top