Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2015 3:35:46 PM EDT
So I purchased 10 Romy Mags from CDNN when they were $9.99 last week.

They all came in today. They all look brand new. 1 has a tiny bit of rust pitting in one spot about a 1/4 the size of a dime.

How can I really tell these are Romy and not some other commie country? I don't really see any marking.

One mad is marked on the spine with a triangle with a fletchless arrow/pointer in it. Should they all have that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

They all came in today. They all look brand new. 1 has a tiny bit of rust pitting in one spot about a 1/4 the size of a dime.

How can I really tell these are Romy and not some other commie country? I don't really see any marking.

One mad is marked on the spine with a triangle with a fletchless arrow/pointer in it. Should they all have that?
View Quote

The marked magazine is Romanian. Usually, determining whether a mag is Romanian is more of a process of elimination - you use the markings to identify what other country made them. If there are no marks, its probably Romanian.

check here for more info.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
This article has helped me several times.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought 2 just to see the quality.

One was like new. The second had two noticeable dents in one side that do not seem to affect function. It also had more cosmoline inside than the other. Both had Romy stamps.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. For $10 these are great mags. All but one looks brand new. The 1 that doesn't has just a minor spot.

I still think my East German and Chinese mags I got back in the early 90's seem nicer built, but these are really nice looking especially for the price.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bought 2 just to see the quality.

One was like new. The second had two noticeable dents in one side that do not seem to affect function. It also had more cosmoline inside than the other. Both had Romy stamps.
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

did all the mags feed and function???? Thank!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The marked magazine is Romanian. Usually, determining whether a mag is Romanian is more of a process of elimination - you use the markings to identify what other country made them. If there are no marks, its probably Romanian.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true, eliminate all others and you have a Romanian. 22 or 0 on the spine are usually a sure thing. The arrow in triangle on the right side of the spine were early Romanian mags, left side of spine would usually be Izhmash.

Saw a bunch of Romanian mags today with a tiny 3 marked on the right side of the spine.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top