Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rugreedy:
Polish Steel AK47 7.62x39 30rd Magazine
$9.95 if you buy 10 or more

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47P30
View Quote

I was just looking at those, they any good?  Sorry I am not really up on AK mags but they seemed like a good deal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

I was just looking at those, they any good?  Sorry I am not really up on AK mags but they seemed like a good deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

GTG. Polish mags are some of the nicer AK mags made.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Copes has AK-103 mags.  Not sure if the price is good at 79.99 a mag, but they seem hard to find.

http://www.copesdistributing.com/christmas-sale-russian-30rd-762x39-polymer-p-9492.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GoGo:
Copes has AK-103 mags.  Not sure if the price is good at 79.99 a mag, but they seem hard to find.

http://www.copesdistributing.com/christmas-sale-russian-30rd-762x39-polymer-p-9492.html
View Quote

People like to price them way over that in the EE, not sure if they sell at that price though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heirmossy] [#6]
nvm
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I just ordered 10 of these and my first AK from Atlantic and 1K rds GT from SGammo. This website is awesome. Merry Christmas to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:

I just ordered 10 of these and my first AK from Atlantic and 1K rds GT from SGammo. This website is awesome. Merry Christmas to me.
View All Quotes

Merry Christmas indeed!

Pics mandatory, just sayin'....
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Merry Christmas indeed!

View All Quotes

Merry Christmas indeed!

Its all in the mail...
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Tapco AK-74 magazines $5.99

If anyone is still shooting their 5.45's

Better than ProMag, but not equal to Bulgarian surplus.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 14point5:

View Quote

I'm seeing $7.99?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: destrux] [#12]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I'm seeing $7.99?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By 14point5:

I'm seeing $7.99?

The sale is over. Well. The 5.99 sale is over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont know if this is new but the last few times Ive checked, these were going for $25/ea.  Now theyre down to $22

gen 2 Pmags
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Bakelites at AIM for $49.95.  I guess that's sort of a deal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 50DollarCheShirt:
Bakelites at AIM for $49.95.  I guess that's sort of a deal.
View Quote

I thought about it to just have one. Shipping kills it for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Tapco 30rd smooth side 30rd mags - $7.99

http://www.primaryarms.com/mag0632blk/p/mag0632blk/
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
75rd Romanian Ak drum. I ordered a few of these and they are Romainian. They have these hidden on their site. If you search AK drum, the only Romainian they list is $90. With this link, it's $72. Be sure and use MrRebates link for 5% rebate. You must use MrRebates and enter the item number. Here is the link

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ak-47-drum-magazine-75-round?a=1911647
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 9:34:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YugoAK47] [#18]
75rd Romanian Ak drum. I ordered a few of these and they are Romainian. They have these hidden on their site. If you search AK drum, the only Romainian they list is $90. With this link, it's $72. Be sure and use MrRebates link for 5% rebate. You must use MrRebates and enter the item number. Here is the link

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ak-47-drum-magazine-75-round?a=1911647
View Quote

Can you PM pics of the spot welds, you sure they are not Korean?  A few other sites selling the KCI Korean drums are using the same pic Sportsman Guide is using for that drum.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By YugoAK47:

Can you PM pics of the spot welds, you sure they are not Korean?  A few other sites selling the KCI Korean drums are using the same pic Sportsman Guide is using for that drum.
View All Quotes

They are Romanian. No time to PM
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
Polish AK mags back in stock at AIM Surplus - $10.95
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47P30&name=Polish+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazine&groupid=15
View Quote

If you have a tight magwell, you may want to reconsider for fitment issues according to akfiles.  The paint ml is too thick on some of them.  Sounds like many could correct with filing/sanding...some not.  WAC still has the used Hungarians.  They're in good shape and have just the right amount of character without any fitment issues.  Just something to consider.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

If you have a tight magwell, you may want to reconsider for fitment issues according to akfiles.  The paint ml is too thick on some of them.  Sounds like many could correct with filing/sanding...some not.  WAC still has the used Hungarians.  They're in good shape and have just the right amount of character without any fitment issues.  Just something to consider.
View All Quotes
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47P30&name=Polish+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazine&groupid=15

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:15:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#23]

View All Quotes

I find it interesting SG has 2 product numbers for this...I ordered a $72 one that's on the way that I wanted to verify Romanian and not Korean (I know...RUG...Nobody believes you...actually, I do believe that they have Romanians but SG is sneaky and could send a Korean anyways)...But there is a $90 one with the exact same reviews just a different product number.  Wonder if this $72 one is an older link that is supposed to be dead?  I'm tempted to buy one more while free shipping still going on but I've bought so much lately...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]

I find it interesting SG has 2 product numbers for this...I ordered a $72 one that's on the way that I wanted to verify Romanian and not Korean (I know...RUG...Nobody believes you...actually, I do believe that they have Romanians but SG is sneaky and could send a Korean anyways)...But there is a $90 one with the exact same reviews just a different product number.  Wonder if this $72 one is an older link that is supposed to be dead?  I'm tempted to buy one more while free shipping still going on but I've bought so much lately...
View All Quotes

That's why I ordered the one for $72 as a test, and then ordered a nice chunk of them and they were all Romanian. SG lists certain item on slickguns for a discount compared to the higher priced ones. They do this with their Brownells mags too. Look at their Sellier Bellot 9mm ammo listed on Slick guns. It's posted for $99.74 on slickguns, but when you search SG the 500rds of Sellier ammo is $105.74. I have noticed this over the past couple of years. Let me know what you get.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

This. Plus the Hungarians are lightly parked for the most part, perfect primer for paint if you want a painted finish, and you can control how thick it goes on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#26]

This. Plus the Hungarians are lightly parked for the most part, perfect primer for paint if you want a painted finish, and you can control how thick it goes on.
View All Quotes

Who is WAC please?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:

Who is WAC please?
View All Quotes

Who is WAC please?

What a country
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#28]

That's why I ordered the one for $72 as a test, and then ordered a nice chunk of them and they were all Romanian. SG lists certain item on slickguns for a discount compared to the higher priced ones. They do this with their Brownells mags too. Look at their Sellier Bellot 9mm ammo listed on Slick guns. It's posted for $99.74 on slickguns, but when you search SG the 500rds of Sellier ammo is $105.74. I have noticed this over the past couple of years. Let me know what you get.
View All Quotes

Just got back in town. Received 2 New in the box Red Army Standard Romanian drum mags.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Jagrmaister, nice to hear!!!  Take care.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fike:

What a country
View All Quotes

Who is WAC please?

What a country

Just got my 10 pack from them yesterday.mags have light finish wear.No rust,no dents,just some light wear

Very nice mags for $10 each
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Just got my 10 pack from them yesterday.mags have light finish wear.No rust,no dents,just some light wear

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
[

I got in 10 from the latest batch.  Noticed 2 of the 10 the follower seems to struggle to go up and down easily.  The other 8 are smooth as can be and looks like they are painted both inside and out on the bodies.  The two that are struggling are not finished on the inside and just look odd or off.  No rust or dents though just odd like a weird greyish color to them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#32]

I got in 10 from the latest batch.  Noticed 2 of the 10 the follower seems to struggle to go up and down easily.  The other 8 are smooth as can be and looks like they are painted both inside and out on the bodies.  The two that are struggling are not finished on the inside and just look odd or off.  No rust or dents though just odd like a weird greyish color to them.
View Quote

Old parking that's literally never had a drop of oil on it. Got several like that, some were still wrapped in the original paper. Rough finish, follower does feel like it's sandpaper rubbing a bit. Took one apart and hit the follower with a tiny bit of 1200 grit then oiled it up and works fine. But going to paint all these at some point, really don't even have to degrease them when they are like this and the paint ought to stick great.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Aim surplus has polish mags back in stock. $9.95 if you buy 10 or more

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47P30&name=Polish+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazine&search=Ak47
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Just got back in town. Received 2 New in the box Red Army Standard Romanian drum mags.
View All Quotes

Thank you for posting this up a little bit ago.  Sorry I had any doubts (learn to trust fellow team members, just will never blindly trust Sportsman Guide since they refuse to use the correct pics for a lot of products).

Got two of these in yesterday and they are GTG.  Now the question is how in the hell do I cancel the free 30 day trial of their Buyer's Club before they attempt to charge my CC here shortly?  Any way to do it online or anyone had any luck via email customer service?  I hate having to call and dealing with companies over the phone when it comes to cancelling any sort of trial membership.  I am sure they will offer me a month or two more free in hopes I say sure and then forget to cancel later on.

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Thank you for posting this up a little bit ago.  Sorry I had any doubts (learn to trust fellow team members, just will never blindly trust Sportsman Guide since they refuse to use the correct pics for a lot of products).

Got two of these in yesterday and they are GTG.  Now the question is how in the hell do I cancel the free 30 day trial of their Buyer's Club before they attempt to charge my CC here shortly?  Any way to do it online or anyone had any luck via email customer service?  I hate having to call and dealing with companies over the phone when it comes to cancelling any sort of trial membership.  I am sure they will offer me a month or two more free in hopes I say sure and then forget to cancel later on.

View All Quotes

Happy to help. I'm glad it worked out. In regards to your question, log in and click account. On the right hand side It will say:Your Buyer's Club Membership will renew on
4/7/20??  Under that, it gives you an option to turn off auto renew. Turn it off and you should be gtg.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Happy to help. I'm glad it worked out. In regards to your question, log in and click account. On the right hand side It will say:Your Buyer's Club Membership will renew on
4/7/20??  Under that, it gives you an option to turn off auto renew. Turn it off and you should be gtg.
View All Quotes

I have been a paying member in the past and remember this was the way to stop the auto renewal from happening after the year is over.  For some reason when it comes to the 30 day free trial it now has on my account dashboard at the very top of the page to the right of where one would enter keywords for a search that I am now a member since 2016 which makes sense.  When I look down further on the Dashboard where the option should be to stop auto renewal which it sounds like hasn't changed from when I last opted out the webpage just has the Buyer's Club logo along with a spot right below it to "Start 30-Day Trial".

Whoever runs their website has always cracked me up when it comes to things like this, incorrect pictures being used and misrepresenting items when it comes to who made them or what country they originate from.  SG does enough business though that management really doesn't care to run a tight and solid website.

Sent off a few emails politely asking/demanding not to be renewed after the 30 day trial.  In a couple days if I don't get a confirmation via email I look forward to calling in to cancel.  When they try to offer me another free month or two I will have to fire back with some sort of insane counteroffer.  Maybe tell them I want free .22 LR ammo for life to stay a member or else cancel my buyer's club membership.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Thanks, that's an excellent deal.  In for 6 and more if they come in as advertised.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ironlung] [#40]

ordered 30, hopefully they are in the described excellent condition

will post pics when they arrive

edit:  thanks for lead!
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#41]
on second look, those may not be yugo surplus... those might be the maple leaf croatian mags that people had issues with

hope I didn't just spend $300 on the croat mags
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ironlung:
on second look, those may not be yugo surplus... those might be the maple leaf croatian mags that people had issues with

hope I didn't just spend $300 on the croat mags
View Quote

How do you identify them as being Yugo or Croat?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#43]
there is a thread on akfiles talking about the mags

the pics advertising these for 9.99 seem to be the same used as new production croats, and they omit the pic that would show the maple leaf stamp on the side... possibly on purpose?

I hope I am wrong and these are genuine yugo surplus in excellent condition

I couldn't resist, might get burned on this one... don't remember many good reports on recent production croat mags
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn. I guess we have to wait.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:16:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ironlung] [#45]
I called centerfire and spoke with a nice lady named brenda

she said that her boss told her that these are random mags shipped to him from overseas, and that they could not confirm country of origin on them

she said there may be croatian mags in the order, but they were not exclusively trying to sell croatians

I guess I will wait to see what I get... hopefully I get lucky

I got 30 coming so it should be a nice sample size
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#46]

she said that her boss told her that these are random mags shipped to him from overseas, and that they could not confirm country of origin on them

she said there may be croatian mags in the order, but they were not exclusively trying to sell croatians

View Quote

The listing shows them as BHO. Did they mention if they were changing followers? If they aren't Yugo or Croatian, who else uses BHO followers?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

The listing shows them as BHO. Did they mention if they were changing followers? If they aren't Yugo or Croatian, who else uses BHO followers?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Could be "Chugo"
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#48]
just got shipping notice for 30 mags from centerfire

we should see early next week what these are

if these are all maple leaf "made in croatia" mags I am pissed...
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm out, cancelled my order.  I spoke to Brenda as well and got the exact same story after she spoke with someone else. I really don't need them anyway but one of my many weaknesses is not being able to pass up a good deal which this still might be.  If they were all Yugos, I would be OK with it but they could not tell me any country of origin.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YugoAK47] [#50]
just got shipping notice for 30 mags from centerfire

we should see early next week what these are

if these are all maple leaf "made in croatia" mags I am pissed...
View Quote

I hope you paid with a credit card.  Dispute the shit out of that if they are not as advertised.  Make them eat the chargeback fees since they will probably stick you with the return shipping fees.

EDIT: Just actually looked at their site.  Did they recently change it to say Eastern European instead of Yugo?  Or did we just assume at first these were Yugo BHO mags?
Page / 18
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top