Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2016 4:43:40 PM EDT
See it on sale for $200 / 1000 shipped.
Using it with ak, 75 round drum and slid stock so looking for cheap BUT reliabe ammo.
Does this fit the bill?
I can get wolf for $250 / 1000 shipped so the difference isnt too bad, but since this is purely spray and play type ammo saving $50 is nice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just noticed the Tulammo is steel core?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
See it on sale for $200 / 1000 shipped.
Using it with ak, 75 round drum and slid stock so looking for cheap BUT reliabe ammo.
Does this fit the bill?
I can get wolf for $250 / 1000 shipped so the difference isnt too bad, but since this is purely spray and play type ammo saving $50 is nice.
View Quote

Tula is g2g, I just get whichever is cheapest re: steelcase.  No noticeable difference in accuracy/reliability between tula and wolf. Some of my best ak ammo is the tula 124gr hollow point 8m3
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just noticed the Tulammo is steel core?
View Quote

It's a bimetal jacket not steel core.

Most of it, that is.  Perhaps they have an obscure loading with steel core.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, they already sold out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i have some tula that has slow ignition, maybe 1 out of every 200 rounds i'll get a 1/4 second lag between the hammer falling and cartridge firing. after i use this up i'll stick with barnaul.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Never an issue for me. It is weaker than the rest, doesn’t beat your rifle to shit like the others.

Though weaker, it runs in my 7.62x39 AR so it isn't that weak.

Run to Walmart or Academy and try a box before you order.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was available again and purchased a case. Once the order was replaced I realized it was the .223.
Not bad to get 1000 rounds for $200 for some plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have some tula that has slow ignition, maybe 1 out of every 200 rounds i'll get a 1/4 second lag between the hammer falling and cartridge firing. after i use this up i'll stick with barnaul.
View Quote

I was shooting some Herter's yesterday which is rebranded Tula and had a hang fire as well.  Was longer than 1/4 second lag, though, for me.  Going to continue watching for this.  I think I've shot up most of that case but there's definitely like 10 mags loaded with it still.  Not terribly accurate and it's a case I bought a few years back.  It's plinking ammo more than anything and not sure if I'll buy more.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Never had a problem with Tula.

I have had some issues with dud wolf rounds before
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top