Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 7:55:45 PM EDT
Should I get Golden Tiger steel or Federal AE brass 762x39?  Have not shot either so unsure of accuracy or reliability. See alot of talk on here about Golden Tiger and steel case but no talk of any type brass case. Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the price is even close but if it was, Federal brass any day.  Where do you see this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Brass?  For what rifle?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen any brass cased for less than 50 cents ea. and GT is half of that. And I've not seen Federal brass close to that. Only brass I shoot is surplus Yugo, that is slightly more accurate than GT. I like Federal in other calibers as a good budget round but even if it was slightly better than GT it's not worth the cost difference. Privi is good if you have to shoot brass case and don't like corrosive Yugo but even for my best rifle Yugo shoots 95% as good as Hornady which is the best IMHO. Red Army has brass cased ammo they call comparable to Yugo M67 but I have not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an FYI, I haven't fired any yet, but the GECO .223 55gr is outstanding.

GECO 124gr .50 cents per round ,brass reloadable case.

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top