Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2015 6:04:32 AM EDT
Hello all,

I was recently wallowing in self-pity over the 7n6 crap that happened last year(brought up by working retail at an outdoors shop and people nagging about the LEAST effective 5.56 round being POSSIBLY banned) when I ran across the actual ATF page pertaining to the ban, which I had never before visited.
http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/04/040714-special-advisory-test-examination-and-classification-7n6-545x39-ammunition.html

*Notice line 3 "classification of Russian-made 7n6 5.45x39 ammunition..."
Well I had also never noticed before but there seems to be Bulgarian-made 7n6 on the market... so is Bulgarian 5.45 MilSurp still being imported? Is that what is keeping the price of MilSurp from going through the roof? Can we ask that the Bulgarian Government(or whatever private company they use as a medium) expand their traffic to allow us some temporary respite from the potential onslaught of price gaugers, and therefore show ammo manufacturers that 5.45x39 is not just a foreign round, but as ever popular and profitable as any deer cartridge?

Tell me what you guys think.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it would almost seem so. According to that link the ATF 'only' specified 'Russian 7N6' ... Then again, we are talking about the ATF.

They aren't exactly known for being the most 'fair' and 'logical', in their royal-decrees to ban this/that.

Anyway, maybe we could get it imported from Ukraine, Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, etc. Just spit-balling countries that I still think may produce '5.45x39' ammo. Maybe just give it another name, sort of like 'XM855' which literally is the exact same thing as M855 (look it up if you don't believe me).

X7N6 from Bulgaria

or better yet X7N10 [still not technically AP, just 'improved penetration' from the 7N6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be nice, however it is doubtful that the paper work would be approved. Even if there is a "loop hole" and some importer received approval for importation there's a risk that months later when the containers hit customs that rules and laws have changed and it goes back home. I don't think anyone will gamble on the chance of getting it in, but I may be wrong.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top