Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:34:26 PM EDT
I was telling some people about Tula 154gr soft point and PRVI 123gr rounded soft nose, so I went to a few sites to check on 7.62X39 prices. I thought the shortage was over - evidently it is not. You can get Wolf and some others and the prices are not terrible, but a lot of the better ammo is just not there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
It's imported, comes & goes.  Depends when the ship comes in ..........
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
As someone who just recently got back into AKs, I'm ready for that ship to come in. December 2014 was the first time I bought 7.62x39 in 15 years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
There is reasonable availability where I live. My local Walmarts stock mostly Tulammo, and never seem to have any of the brass case x39 in.

Local gun shops have a bit more variety in terms of brands, but prices are a tad higher. Bear, and Wolf ammo are hard to find around here though....
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't yet come across any shortages of Tulammo. Tula and Uly are both owned by the same conglomerate as Kalashnikov, so there has been some question as to whether they're included in the trade sanctions. If there is a shortage of Tulammo, perhaps that's a contributor? I doubt it, as there are surely metric shit-tons of Tulammo that have been imported prior to the sanctions, assuming Tula is even included in the sanctions. More likely it's what has been stated above - distributors/retailers are simply between deliveries.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't yet come across any shortages of Tulammo. Tula and Uly are both owned by the same conglomerate as Kalashnikov, so there has been some question as to whether they're included in the trade sanctions. If there is a shortage of Tulammo, perhaps that's a contributor? I doubt it, as there are surely metric shit-tons of Tulammo that have been imported prior to the sanctions, assuming Tula is even included in the sanctions. More likely it's what has been stated above - distributors/retailers are simply between deliveries.
View Quote

I noticed Cableas has removed the Herters (Tula) 7.62x39 ammo from their website.Hopefully they will add it back if another shipment comes in.

Just seems strange cause when they are out they just put out of stock next to the item.This time they removed it entirely.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top