Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
I am looking for a light round using something like 75-90 gr. in 7.62x39, 2800+ fps to shoot in my SKS. In a varmint kinda way. I don't handload so I am looking for loaded rounds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I can think of.  You can reload with lighter bullets (.32) but you may have feeding issues.  Im sure if you can do the old Remington Accelerator deal with a sabot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't really looking for something that specialized, just a lighter round for a little more speed.  I see 85gr. and 100 gr. bullets around, but done see anyone who loads them.  By the way, the steel Hornady SST shoot great!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The only loaded ammo around with lightweight bullet would be the old East German plastic core surplus which was at 62 gr.
Great plinking ammo,light recoil,mildly corrosive.I have a bunch I'm hanging on to for plinking.Sold for around $60.00/1K back in the 90's.Last few times I saw for sale was quite pricey.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top