Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2015 4:02:50 PM EDT
I am new to the ak scene. Purchased 2 waffen worxs 5.45 s. Bought 8 cans of the 7n6 at $210. Would like to leave it and buy good cheap non-corrosive...What should I purchase to plink with?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything 60grns or heavier.  

The most important thing to look for is the length of the bullet IMO.  Avoid the 55grn stuff since the rounds are way too short.  The 60 grn and 69 grn stuff is longer and will feed reliably.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You should use the 7n6 for everything...it's cheap plinking ammo and good (as in destructive) defensive ammo as well.

Stack it as deep as you can while you can.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for info!!!

What name brand? Silver Bear? Wolf?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for info!!!

What name brand? Silver Bear? Wolf?
View Quote

Any of those are fine
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
After 7N6 I have best results from Monarch (Academy Sports branded ammo from Barnaul) and Silver Bear (also Barnaul). Worst groupings are from Red Army Standard which is surprising as I have great luck with Red Army Standard 7.62x39. Guess my twist rate doesn't like the 69 grain bullets. Wolf seems to be the cheapest but first time out I had two FTE and both were Wolf, accuracy was better than RAS but still pretty poor.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top