Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 6:10:11 PM EDT
Originally this stuff was advertised as Ksap  ammo, when I went to order  I noticed that it now says brands may vary. So I called them up and asked them what brand they would ship me if I ordered that day, the lady said Red-Army, I figured for $222 shipped what the heck as I've never tried it. So anyway be aware as the lady told me that they had sent Tulammo and Wolf out too on the same item #.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Originally this stuff was advertised as Ksap  ammo, when I went to order  I noticed that it now says brands may vary. So I called them up and asked them what brand they would ship me if I ordered that day, the lady said Red-Army, I figured for $222 shipped what the heck as I've never tried it. So anyway be aware as the lady told me that they had sent Tulammo and Wolf out too on the same item #.
View Quote

If it is indeed KSAP just make sure you clean up after; there are some reports that a few lots of the white box KSAP are mildly corrosive.

Let us know what you get, it seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
" />

" />

" />

this is the $199 deal ammo I just received from centerfire systems today. Very good deal.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Oh Red Army Standard (Russian Manufactured) that is a pretty good deal then!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
This ammo was actually made in the ukraine, it seems to be somewhere between tula and wolf in accuracy, but I really haven't tested it much, so really need to reserve judgment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
As others mentioned, there were some lots of Ukranian 7.62x39 ammo primed with corrosive primers, but labelled non-corrosive.  Don't remember which brands/lots, but this was a couple years ago.  Supposedly it's since been corrected, but that price suggests someone is dumping that ammo at sub-pricing, which makes one wonder.  To be sure, clean appropriately.

If it matters, I thought it was the green laquered ammo that was affected, but can't recall.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Now out of stock.  Hope to see more cheap ammo on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I got in on 1k. Hope its red army as well!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
nice deal OP
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As others mentioned, there were some lots of Ukranian 7.62x39 ammo primed with corrosive primers, but labelled non-corrosive.  Don't remember which brands/lots, but this was a couple years ago.  Supposedly it's since been corrected, but that price suggests someone is dumping that ammo at sub-pricing, which makes one wonder.  To be sure, clean appropriately.

If it matters, I thought it was the green laquered ammo that was affected, but can't recall.
View Quote

This stuff is non-corrosive, I shot it and let my rifle sit a couple days in humid conditions and there was no corrosion.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Two versions of it.  One with lacquer sealant the other without.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to say after using a bit of this stuff, I noted a couple things. Accuracy is inconsistant box to box, while one box will shoot a 1" group out of my AR the next box will shoot a 3" group, still well within specs but nothing outstanding, and this difference isn't noticeable at all out of my VZ-58, SKS ect.. Second for you AR shooters out there, this stuff has the hardest primers of any manufacturer I've tried. This goes for old surplus ammo too. You will need an xp hammer spring. It is the prettiest 7.62 I've ever seen and the copper plating on the bullet is very thick. It is cleaner than Tulammo but dirtier than Wolf. Which is pretty good, it is cleaner than most milspec 5.56 ammo made in the USA. Overall It was a good deal, but would take Wolf over it at a comparable price.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top