Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 12:47:17 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying some ammo in bulk. I wanted to ask a couple of questions. I have both an AR and AK so I kind of want to stock up on it right now (wish I did years ago) and then move on to my other cals and do the same thing.

Where are some good places to buy from online? I have never bought ammo online so it will be something new.

Also who has the cheapest prices as of right now?

Is shooting steal casing out of an AR still something I shouldn't do? I have done it in the past and had no problems but I'm thinking long term.

Does any of the online retailers offer free shipping? If not what is the price I can expect to pay? I'm looking to buy a 1000 rounds for each caliber.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Start here.

They don't list every vendor, but it will give you an idea of the going rate for different calibers.

Shipping is what kills you with ammo; typically something like $30-40 per thousand; that is why I go with the ones who either don't charge for bulk purchases or charge a low flat rate (Cope's Distributing, in particular, at $10 is essentially free).
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Start here.

They don't list every vendor, but it will give you an idea of the going rate for different calibers.

Shipping is what kills you with ammo; typically something like $30-40 per thousand; that is why I go with the ones who either don't charge for bulk purchases or charge a low flat rate (Cope's Distributing, in particular, at $10 is essentially free).
View Quote

Thank you! I will check that out. Yeah I think most have been 28-35 bucks for shipping. Still not bad compared to what it is locally.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Sgammo, aim surplus and copes are good to go.  Target sports USA for free shipping.  Steel case is fine in your ar15. Just make sure you keep your chamber clean to avoid stuck cases.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sgammo, aim surplus and copes are good to go.  Target sports USA for free shipping.  Steel case is fine in your ar15. Just make sure you keep your chamber clean to avoid stuck cases.
View Quote

Thank you on those sources and roger that on keeping chamber clean. I know at one time steal casing was always looked down on but it is hard to pass up on with the price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Aim Surpppppp ftw
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The best shipping rates I got on ammo besides free or Copes $10 shipping was from The Armory. They charged $11.83 to ship 1K of Wolf x39 ammo. With shipping it was $203. Most places are $20-$25 to ship.

+1 for TargetSports USA. There about 30mins from me so I pick up from them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The best shipping rates I got on ammo besides free or Copes $10 shipping was from The Armory. They charged $11.83 to ship 1K of Wolf x39 ammo. With shipping it was $203. Most places are $20-$25 to ship.

+1 for TargetSports USA. There about 30mins from me so I pick up from them.
View Quote

I should have bought from the Armory during the 4th sale. I'm watching to see when they offer a great sale again. I did find that I can get 1000 7.62x39 and a 1000 .223 for $518.87 and 544.54 shipped. Not bad not great but I might order 2K rounds in both cal's and then keep building as I can.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered 2000 rounds of ammo 1K for AR and 1K for AK. I ordered from AGS Armament and ender product code YEAGER for a 5% discount and with shipping it came to 518 and some change. I started to order the same ammo from SG Ammo but shipping put it around 25 or so bucks higher.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
AIM and SGAmmo aew my go to vendors.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top