Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 11:54:22 AM EDT
Just got back from the local fun show where I picked up three boxes of 7.62 x 39 8M2 "Effect" FMJ ammo. I`'ve heard of the 8M3, and thought the "effect" ammo was the ammo with the little "nub" on the tip of the bullet. Anyone know anything about this? From what I`'ve read, it has an airpocket in the nose, like the 5.45 x 39. Is this a "find" where I should go back and by the rest of what they have ??
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
How much did you pay for it per box? But I would go buy the rest if it is at a good price I bought a lgs out of their 8m3 and older hp ammo that is "made to hunting specs" that was 7 bucks a box. Do it up man good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got back from the local fun show where I picked up three boxes of 7.62 x 39 8M2 "Effect" FMJ ammo. I`'ve heard of the 8M3, and thought the "effect" ammo was the ammo with the little "nub" on the tip of the bullet. Anyone know anything about this? From what I`'ve read, it has an airpocket in the nose, like the 5.45 x 39. Is this a "find" where I should go back and by the rest of what they have ??
View Quote

Do you mean like this.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
That is the "nipple" effect ammo. This 8M2 has what looks like a normal FMJ bullet
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, who made it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
They're good ammo and no longer available. I bought a bunch of them a while back. Made by Ulyanovsk plant.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have a case of that stashed in the basement. Boxes look the same anyway.

ETA: Now that I think about it, what have is old Tula with the TCW head stamp.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi,

Congrats on your find.  If you can find it the Golden Tiger 124 gr. ammo also has the same air pocket bullet, but with the M43 boat tail bullet profile.  I like it as it shoots accurately.

Best Wishes:
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top