Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 7:27:14 PM EDT

I just got my last crate of 76N from Dan's. I'm pretty sure they jacked the price from when I ordered to when they shipped a week later but their order confirmation email didn't include pricing info. I was watching the prices pretty closely. I've emailed back, but haven't heard anything.

Similar experiences anywhere?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Dan's has been $409 (or close to that) plus shipping for a couple weeks.  They took it off the site last week to fill all the backorders.  I think they put it back up yesterday.  There was a thread/link on here that has the old price posted.  Let me see if I can find it.  I've always heard they had a good reputation.  Now if you were talking about CTD, they would have just cancelled your order, said they were sold out, and posted it for 2x as much over the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, he raised prices a week/10 days ago when he got the last batch in, post-ban.  He didn't jack anybody, all one has to do is look at the web price then go to the shipping calculator.  

Still the cheapest on the web, if it's still there.  21 cpr, as opposed to 7.62x54 at almost 29 cpr.  Not sure what else is out there in CF milsurp for under a quarter a round these days.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a crate from dans on 4/2, got a confirmation from the auto responder and faxed my DL and called to make sure they got it (which they did). I never got a shipping notification and assumed it was because they were swamped after reading the message on the web site. Thinking maybe I should call again on Monday....
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a crate from dans on 4/2, got a confirmation from the auto responder and faxed my DL and called to make sure they got it (which they did). I never got a shipping notification and assumed it was because they were swamped after reading the message on the web site. Thinking maybe I should call again on Monday....
View Quote

Yer prob'ly right, they're likely backed up.  Still, shoulda got something by now.  If ya call them tomorrow I' d wait til afternoon, bet Monday morning is rather busy .....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
yes,Still the cheapest on the web, if it's still there. 21 cpr, as opposed to 7.62x54 at almost 29 cpr. Not sure what else is out there in CF milsurp for under a quarter a round these days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I know Dan himself personally, believe me he is not out to screw anybody. Two things to consider;

1) The 7n6 market (supply,demand and price) is volatile right now. Dealers are paying more as well and don't know what they will be paying tomorrow, if they can even get it at all. Thank ATF for this.

2) Dan's Sporting Goods is (almost) a one man operation (Dan). His overhead is low and that is how he keeps prices low. Please cut him a little slack.

You may have a bad experience with him but I believe the overwhelming consensus is that Dan is an honest and fair Dealer.

Disclaimer- I don't work for him or make any money from his sales.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have delt with Dan, and tho he is a bit slow to respond and ship I got what i paid for. In my book he has a stand up buisness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Dan I have called and talked to on the phone . Nice guy and treated me great .
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top