Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 12:33:53 PM EDT
Aim has more tins of 54r for $99. I believe thats 10 more than last time =/.  No discounts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats too bad; I remember ordering a Russian tin of 300rds on stripper clips from AIM in 2012 for $70
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254SC&name=Russian+7.62x54R+on+Mosin+Chargers+300rd+can&groupid=40
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Too pricey after shipping.

Glad i bought 5 crates last month at sportsmans guide for $157 per crate shipped to my door
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Lucky I got my stash of x54R for ~$40/tin
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, still have six 50 Cal. cans with 440 rds of that wonderful Czech Silvertip from back in 2004.

I think it was $44.00 a can.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Dan sold hungarian silver tips for 39$ a tin with my m44 purchase....  way back when...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep me too. the good old days of $40 cans of 54R and $50 crates (760rds) of 8mm Mauser.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Glad i bought 5 crates last month at sportsmans guide for $157 per crate shipped to my door
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dan sold hungarian silver tips for 39$ a tin with my m44 purchase....  way back when...
View Quote

I started buying for $32/can from AIM.  That's also not the cheapest they went for.  I had an AIM flier (remember those?) that advertised it for $29/can and I was pissed that I was paying $3 more.  I kid you not!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Let's just hope that this all blows over and it goes back down to $77 a can if you order by the crate.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ditto
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

Damn, where was that deal posted?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#12]
$50 shipping for one tin and $72 shipping for a crate...F that..sorry, i need it , but not at that price
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

When I read these posts and $157 is a "deal"  it makes me glad I had it foresight to stack it to the celling for $80 a crate years ago. I haven't bought any since '04 and have no need to. I guess being old does have some perks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]
When I started buying it in 2009 I paid $135 per crate, mostly Bulgarian factory 10 and Russian 188. I thought that was an
unbelievably cheap price compared to commercial which was about 50¢ per back then. My friends refused to shoot it because
it was corrosive.

Got some Polish one time from AIM, free shipping and on chargers. I figured the chargers were worth 75¢ to $1 each so my CPR
was about 10¢.

I don't remember seeing all the silver tipped back then. Seemed everything being sold was not LPS. Haven't seen any that wasn't
LPS in a while.

Reading about those $29 Albanian tins dives me crazy, but we'll see where things are in another 5-10 years. Todays' prices might
not seem so bad.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

It was a deal where you had to have the correct SKU# and then the free shipping code.It was on akfiles forum.

Not a steal deal like some of the guys here getting it for $40 a tin back in the day, but the best deal i have seen shipped in several years anyway on a crate.Made a nice corner in my ammo fort.

I did find a tin of Bulgarian that i paid $60 for from AIM several years ago.Didnt know i had it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When I started buying it in 2009 I paid $135 per crate, mostly Bulgarian factory 10 and Russian 188. I thought that was an
unbelievably cheap price compared to commercial which was about 50¢ per back then. My friends refused to shoot it because
it was corrosive.

Got some Polish one time from AIM, free shipping and on chargers. I figured the chargers were worth 75¢ to $1 each so my CPR
was about 10¢.

I don't remember seeing all the silver tipped back then. Seemed everything being sold was not LPS. Haven't seen any that wasn't
LPS in a while.

Reading about those $29 Albanian tins dives me crazy, but we'll see where things are in another 5-10 years. Todays' prices might
not seem so bad.
View Quote

Personally, I would never trust or buy Albanian.  I simply don't trust their QC.  

Story time:  I ordered 2 crates of Russian light ball from Sportsman's Guide years ago.  They clearly had a picture of Russian 54R cans on the website.  I get the crates and it's Albanian.  They have a "no returns on ammo" policy but I'd be damned if they weren't going to take it back.  I called and made my case.  They sent me a shipping label/RMA# and I shipped it back to them on their dime.  They also changed the picture on their website.  They did have some Russian and shipped me two crates.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#17]
My inventory sheet shows $35 for a can of Albanian as my lowest cost.  Then a couple of different Hungarian for $40 and $47, plus Russian for $44 and 45.  Goes up to $95 a can for some Bulgarian and the 2012 Russian on chargers at 300 for about $75.  My average cost per round (not counting Russian match) is 15 cents.  Not as good as it could be because for some reason I felt the need to add some fairly expensive Russian last year at $175 for a crate (and that Bulgarian in 09).  Mix of light and heavy ball, BTW.

Some day I hope to get my DP-28 kit built to shoot this stuff (I sold the Maxim kit and parts un-built).

Rob
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top