Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2014 2:11:52 PM EDT
I have a tin of this ammo that I believe to be Bulgarian, going by the Circle 10 on the lid. I am guessing this is pretty much the same as the Russian 7n6? I haven't seen any of it anywhere else, does anyone have any info on it? Does it ever come up for sale anymore? I have a bunch of the Russian stuff, and picked up my only tin of this from a friend of mine about a year ago. Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Some have said its hotter...IDK about that.  It has been called WASP also in the past.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
great ammo.

most of what I shot from 2008-2010
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks! I probably should have looked in the AK47 Grim Reaper book, but I didn't even think about it when I was posting that. I'll see if it's in there when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
USAC got a bunch of the bulgarian last year round about may I think. Grabbed a couple crates of it myself back then. It definitely shoots hotter than the Russian stuff I have. Decided to put a crate of it to the back of the stack to make sure I don't shoot all of it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Great ammo
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
When Ohio Rapid Fire was a going concern and 5.45x39 surplus was just starting to come around in bulk, the (10) Bulgarian WASP ammo was available before the Ukranian/Russian stuff that is typically available today.  I shot one sealed can of the Bulgarian ammo before switching the the Russian ammo.  I didn't notice any difference in power or accuracy, but I do believe the Bulgarian ammo shot cleaner than the Russian, based simply on cleaning my rifle afterwards.  It was also newer production, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a couple crates of Bulgarian about 8 months ago when Dans Ammo had it.  Haven't seen any for sale at the usual suspects since then.  May see it again what with the Russki/Ukraine/ubummer situation.

Century sold it for $110 per 1080 rounds back when they first got it in, but that was several years ago.  Musta dumped millions of rounds, wonder how much Bulgaria has left?

Agree with others, seems to be the best of the milsurp 5.45mm.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Have shot both Russian and Bulgarian 5.45 and for my informal use of shooting at gongs they are equal. Can not tell any difference at all in quality, power, accuracy or anything else. The Bulgarian is "newer" by a few years and comes in boxes instead of the annoying paper packets, but that's a personal concern. I'd be happy for either with price being the only determining factor for me...

1DD
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of Bulgarian ammo in general, aren't they supposed to be importing new manufactured 5.45 and 7.62 again?  That was a topic a few months ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking of Bulgarian ammo in general, aren't they supposed to be importing new manufactured 5.45 and 7.62 again?  That was a topic a few months ago.
View Quote

New manufactured Bulgarian 7.62 is already available.  It's a little pricey but brass cased and reloadable.  Check out SGAmmo.  I haven't seen any new 5.45 yet.  Hell, I wish I could locate Bulgarian 5.45 surplus right now.  I need a 1080rd spam can for my collection.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy shit it's expensive!  But then again it's brass cased......Too bad it's not steel.  Sure would be cheaper.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top