Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2013 1:04:15 PM EDT
Anyone here use frog lube. If so how do you apply it? Do you use heat?
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No help - but advice - Weapon Shield is great.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a blow dryer to heat up the parts, then brush on the paste and watch it melt on.  The first time I apply it to a firearm I let it cool/dry, then reheat and reapply some more.  Once cool/dry for the second time, I wipe off the remainder.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I too use a blow dryer to heat up the parts a bit and then apply the paste for the initial cleaning. After that I just clean them like normal with the liquid stuff, apply a little liquid to what pivots, and a dab of grease to what slides and your good to go. It's good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Application Instructions Here:  FROGLUBE
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank y'all for the responses, that link is very helpfull.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Use it and love it when I go out shooting leaving the paste in the sun and applying when needed works great for me.  I use it on my 74 allot before shooting with surplus I throw some on the bolt and bolt face and go to town.  I am hoping the build up and use over time will help safe guard against rust so far so good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Today was first day shooting with the frog lube so far I'm in love. I even but on my russian mags I got from aim just help prevent rust  as one already had some pitting inside and out so well see if it keeps it knocked down.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Today was first day shooting with the frog lube so far I'm in love. I even but on my russian mags I got from aim just help prevent rust  as one already had some pitting inside and out so well see if it keeps it knocked down.

Froglube isn't all that great at rust/corrosion prevention.
Pretty good test here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I use froglube on all my guns. I like it. People either love it or hate it, and in Southern komiefornia, we don't have issues with really cold weather. I have about 1,700 rounds through my WASR 10/63 with absolutely 0 issues using froglube. I use it in my Mosin as well and only shoot corrosive surplus ammo, I have left it for 5 days before cleaning it after shooting and no rust issues. Same goes for my AK, I shot corrosive ammo and left it a few days, still no rust, although everyones' individual experience will vary. I apply it liberally, using a $10 heat gun from harbor freight and a small painters brush & Q-tips
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The most important thing to remember is that, forget non toxic,  its actually food grade and i love that fact. So no matter which part of the house I clean my guns, I know there is no contamination. Does it have some issues,  may be,  nothing I have noticed but the fact if you shoot a lot and lube a lot and this product is food grade and no effect at all on your health, that is an awesome bargain. Remember the lube that claim are non toxic don't mean that they are safe for you.  So for me I can not ask for more than a food grade lube that does do a awesome job.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The most important thing to remember is that, forget non toxic,  its actually food grade and i love that fact. So no matter which part of the house I clean my guns, I know there is no contamination. Does it have some issues,  may be,  nothing I have noticed but the fact if you shoot a lot and lube a lot and this product is food grade and no effect at all on your health, that is an awesome bargain. Remember the lube that claim are non toxic don't mean that they are safe for you.  So for me I can not ask for more than a food grade lube that does do a awesome job.
View Quote

This is originally a food processing machinery grease, this is the best gun grease made period, 12 and half bucks for a 14 oz. can that will last you the rest of your life and is much cheaper than pretty much any of the ridiculous "wonder" products that keep popping up, the ones that really work at all are copycats of this stuff, nothing more:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/379954/lubriplate-sfl-0-gun-grease-14-oz-can
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top