Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 2:32:07 PM EDT
My SA-85M kassnar import needed a new barrel.
Any recommendation for what barrel to use?
I'm sure that original Hungarian barrel is the best, but it seems like I can't locate them anymore.
How much should I expect to pay for rebarreling service?
Many thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It is going to be pretty difficult to find a commie barrel for replacement. I think I saw some stripped new polish barrels in the EE?? Also check EE for populated commie barrels, but will probably only come as part of a kit, and that is going to be a lot. Also, not sure if the barrel diameter of the part that goes into the trunnion is same for barrels of different countries??

There are some US made barrels, but I have never used them.  Green Mountain barrels seem to have a good rep.

Just guessing, but maybe $200 bucks for rebarelling if it needs to be populated??
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't see the barrel on EE but will keep my eyes peeled.
Any other source for Romy or Polish barrel?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is going to be pretty difficult to find a commie barrel for replacement. I think I saw some stripped new polish barrels in the EE?? Also check EE for populated commie barrels, but will probably only come as part of a kit, and that is going to be a lot. Also, not sure if the barrel diameter of the part that goes into the trunnion is same for barrels of different countries??

There are some US made barrels, but I have never used them.  Green Mountain barrels seem to have a good rep.

Just guessing, but maybe $200 bucks for rebarelling if it needs to be populated??
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
if using a Used original barrel, it will need to be pressed in and properly head spaced to your bolt, then drilled for a larger barrel pin (probably 8mm) . also if the RSB, gas block, and FSB are not included they will have to be pressed off your old barrel and back on the new one...  if using a new(virgin) barrel then you could press/head space... then drill with 7mm bit for original pin.  rear sight base pin requires 4mm drill bit, the gas block and FSB are 3mm. If I still had a press I would be able to help... but sold almost everything before the move here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#4]
arms of america FB RADOM barrel !!    best quality import I have seen to date
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top