Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 8:16:13 PM EDT
Picked this parts kit up at my local gun show today and I am such an AK newb, I can't figure out what it is.

It kind of reminds me of my Maadi thumbhole AK I had back in the day but I'm not sure.

It is kinda rough around the edges but I'm hopeful I can make something operable out of it.

Laminated butt stock.

Barrel has had the pin divot welded up.

US fire control group.

Looks like it was built badly then de-milled.

Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you didn't pay much for that. The front trunnion is junk and I wouldn't trust the barrel ether.

Look's like a mix master, I'd guess mostly early Romanian, a milled/Saiga style top cover, the disconnecter is a full auto.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
In it for $200

I suppose I can grind the tail off the disconnector.

Would it be a candidate for a weld build since the holes in the trunion are messed up?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In it for $200

I suppose I can grind the tail off the disconnector.

Would it be a candidate for a weld build since the holes in the trunion are messed up?
View Quote

Unless you really wanted to build it yourself...have you priced a WASR-10?

That kit really does look rough but maybe it will clean up considerably better than I expect.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know where it's from. Why can't you weld up the trunnion and re-drill it. Everything else looks serviceable to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
The barrel pin hole looks way oversize or just too low. It shouldn't be below the ledge.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
That trunnion is all sorts of jacked up. Looks like someone tried to build the kit and made several oops there. Can't think of any other way to explain it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top