Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 3:08:53 PM EDT
Does anyone have a good resource for authentic polish reciever markings? I mainly need to know about the selector notches and spot weld patterns. Building this rifle on a 1974 stamped kit. Photos would be great. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the links Bushmaster. For some reason the only polish C/P receiver notches I see are on the tantals. Maybe the fixed stock polish C/Ps didn't have any. I still can't find an actual photo! Can anyone confirm? I want to say they do get one notch in the lower position but I'm not 100%
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you already have a receiver?

If not, these receivers are built on Polish blanks and have the selector markings stamped from the factory in Poland.

You can order them with the selector notches cut.

http://www.childersguns.com/Receivers/CG1-Polish-AKM-47-Receiver

He also sells the heat treated blanks (non firearm) if you wish to go that route.

ETA:  I don't remember where I found this pic, but it shows markings and notches.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually am getting it from Childers. I just wanted to make sure I order it with all correct markings. Thanks for the pic, I have scoured the Internet looking for one and man! Hard to find. Thanks again man!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top