Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
Thinking of building up a kit or 3. Where do you get the bracket????? That attaches the side of the receiver so I can attach a scope mount for optics. Did not see them in any kit pix. Any preferred vendors for kits and parts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this is what you are looking for.
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AK-PSRB-2.aspx
These come in many styles from the many countries the AKs are made in. If you are wanting to keep your gun original to the country of manufacture you could look for an original from that country.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking of building up a kit or 3. Where do you get the bracket????? That attaches the side of the receiver so I can attach a scope mount for optics. Did not see them in any kit pix. Any preferred vendors for kits and parts.
View Quote

This is the one you want.

http://www.collectorssourcedfw.com/optics-side-mounting-rails.html

I may have one by mistake in the next few days.  If I do, I'll PM you.  I'm trying to cancel the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Two types
Long sde rail that uses rea grunion rivet
Shorter model that does not use rear trunnions rivet. Drill three 5/32 holes and use longer rivets (not the long rear trunnions rivet, one that extends higher than the rail,
Can be done during recover build or after complete build.
See amazon for Chinese rail.  About $10
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Be prepared, the AK scope mounting system sucks. Its better than nothing, but I've had everything from a 74 to a PSL and used everything from a PSOP to the picatinny rail mounts. For real optics it does not like to hold zero. For a red dot it is not nearly as bad but I tend to stick with the irons for this reason.

I would recommend using one of those aftermarket top covers that have a rail mounted to them but those are even worse at keeping zero, lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually if you are going to be riveting the kit together you should get this one that is a rivet instead of the screw mount http://www.collectorssourcedfw.com/rmp2.html  Order the specific one for the type of trunnion you will have, AKM or forked AK-74.

While these are out of stock you can find the parts at APEX or on the Equipment Exchange.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top