Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 12:44:09 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get a vacuum storage bag to store an AR? Two piece is ok.  I would like to hook it up to a food type vacuum sealer for longer term preservation.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if serious. 

If you are serious -- do you have a FOODSAVER vac sealer?   Standard rolls for it (they sell them @ COSTCO) can be cut to whatever length you want, and are wide enough to fit over a rifle (without an optic, and either unloaded or with a 10-rounder...maybe a 20 rounder, but not a 30 rounder)
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
For long term storage without the worry of corrosion, look into VCI bags. I get mine from polygunbag.com and they are 6 or 8 mil thick. You seal the guns up with a vacuum cleaner and store it. It's lasts and protects against corrosion for 20+ years, even if the firearm is in a completely dry state(no oil whatsoever). Plus they are cheap.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top