Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 9:25:43 AM EDT
Was taking my Spikes Tactical down. Pushed out rear pin and nothing. Tried to push out front pin and completely remove and it loved forward a bit. Now it's stuck. Can get upper off at all.  Trying to attach pictures but struggling. Any help appreciated. One thread said to tap the barrel on ground. Another said tap the butt. I've tried it all and nothing. One said to remove the stock. Just trying to figure my next move. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
did you forget to put the buffer in and rack the bcg or something?...is the BCG forward?  Are both pins all the way across?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Was the carrier still locked back when you started trying to take it down?

ETA: Wow, what a way to blow post 15000 :/
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Drift out the hammer and trigger pins. Lift.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drift out the hammer and trigger pins. Lift.
View Quote
why?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
put the pins back in, then

release the BCG to go forward

and try again.

If nothing is broken there is nothing besides the BCG being back in the stock to keep it from being taken down
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
have you taken this apart before?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The upper moved forward when you moved both pins because the BCG is back in the buffer tube and there is buffer spring tension against the BCG that is locked back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#8]
lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#9]
If the BCG was forward, try breaking it by tapping it at the front pin over your knee. I have a couple of tight upper lower fits, breaking them over my bent knee works.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like bolt carries is in the buffer tube
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Push both pins back in.  Rack the bolt.  Put safety on.  Make sure bolt carrier is all the way forward.  Don't dryfire it this time.  Pop rear takedown pin.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

why?
View Quote
Oops, nevermind.

Do what backbencher said.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay.  First, thanks for the insight.  I've broke my Bushmaster down with no issues.  First time on this Spikes.  When the upper didn't just tilt free when I pulled the back pin, I then tried the front pin to see if that would open for me.  Now the upper is tilted upwards and the back part of the upper behind the trigger housing is tilted downward.  So, now I cannot just put it back down and push the pins back in and start again.  Its literally stuck.  I'm completely loss at what to do.  I wish I could post pics to see. If any wouldn't mind looking, I could text some photos and maybe someone could walkme through this nightmare.  Id appreciate any help.  I cant get anything to move at this point.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]
You pulled the trigger, before you tried to take it apart, didn't you?  Your hammer is hung up on the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]
in case anyone else does this: re-cock the hammer by driving the bolt rearward, probably through the ejection port

go ahead and admit it everyone, we've all done shit like this before
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  in case anyone else does this: re-cock the hammer by driving the bolt rearward, probably through the ejection port

go ahead and admit it everyone, we've all done shit like this before
View Quote
How do you think I knew what was going on?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How do you think I knew what was going on?  
View Quote
Hey, I was once a Private
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top