BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 11:40:06 PM EDT
Like these
http://www.hoppes.com/cleaning-accessories/cleaning-swabs
I got at least one laying around that came with another brush I needed. Do you soak them with oil or cleaner? Seems weird since then you'd have to wash it, where as a patch you just toss.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They are for applying a light coat of oil after the barrel has been thoroughly cleaned.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I misuse them by basically soaking it in hoppes and leaving it in the chamber for a while after I give the chamber some good turns with the brass chamber brush. It helps break down some of the heavy build up from either steel case shooting or extra dirty when shooting w/ the can. Q-tips and the regular chamber brush work fine after that brush gets crappy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a .410 mop with JB Bore paste and a drill to polish a rough chamber.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I use them as a way to carry cleaning solvent into the bore prior to brushing , and also to dry the bore out after I finish cleaning before applying protective oils. I also run a clean dry one through the chamber and bore before going to the range for an outing.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top