Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 3:55:50 PM EDT
I'm referring to the old style rods not Otis. Since everything is made is China I'd figure I'd ask before I buy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You answered your own question
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the difference? I likely have both that I used & couldn't tell any difference between them
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
if you don't want to buy the MADE IN CHINA ones. gunshows are a great place to buy real USGI M16 rifle cleaning kits, they'll be used but they'll be the real deal. and probably cheaper then on the net, at least they are up here.

I buy my cleaning stuff at gun shows. I'm set for BRAKE FREE, I bought a gallon jug a few years ago at a show for like 20 bucks and still have a lot left. patches; bought a whole bunch of bundled cotton .50 patches for like a dollar a bundle and cut them to the size I need for running patches through. same with brushes, much cheaper then gun stores or internet.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll find much better options than that garbage. Look for stainless sectional rods (I like "Pro Shot"). They are FAR better quality, will still fit in same pouches, and do away with that fragile/crappy handle.
I haven't used rods in awhile (I primarily use bore snakes), but they ARE handy for knocking out a stuck case.
I have many cleaning kits (Otis pull through, Pro shooter, Dewey rod, bore snake, etc), but find myself doing minimal on the barrel. Just a few passes with a bore snake (or Otis rip cord if you prefer) and wipe out/off everything else. Forget the chamber brush... 5.56 does NOT have a large chamber (relative to bore) and a pull though or snake WILL get that too.
A snake, tooth brush, and old sock (for wiping down inner receiver) and some CLP/Eezox for cleaning (Mobile 1 for lubing) is all I use lately. YMMV

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on who you buy it from. Generally speaking stores with high marks and ratings are good to go.

If you want authentic, try Fulton Armory. They are selling original Colt USGI rods: http://www.fulton-armory.com/cleaning-kit-original-colt-usgi-nos.aspx

Round about the same price as Amazon and eBay.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top