User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2016 9:21:28 AM EDT
Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the best lube available but pricey. I have a gen 2 G23 safe queen (put up to give my son) that I lubed with TW25B about 5 years ago. There is no migrating of the lube anywhere and it's in the same lubed and ready to go condition as it was years ago. It's also what my personal grab and go AR is lubed with. Sig used to hand this out with every new pistol purchase.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the best lube available but pricey. I have a gen 2 G23 safe queen (put up to give my son) that I lubed with TW25B about 5 years ago. There is no migrating of the lube anywhere and it's in the same lubed and ready to go condition as it was years ago. It's also what my personal grab and go AR is lubed with. Sig used to hand this out with every new pistol purchase.
View Quote

Agreed, some of the best out there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
good stuff
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for high-pressure things like slides on frames and the like, but it gets gritty and if you try to gun-scrubber it off will leave a TON of residue that is annoying. It's a good product, and I'd never attribute any weapon failure to it or say someone was using a second-rate product if they reached for it, but I prefer other things.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using it exclusively for about 5 years. I like it. Like others have said, it's a great lube.

With that being said, it's a very specialized product. Don't expect it to make cleaning your firearms any easier and don't think it is a apply-once-and-done deal. It will burn off in areas with high heat— so you will still get carbon deposits inside the BCG. Also, it isn't a knockout corrosion inhibitor. Homebrew saltwater tests (YouTube ) placed it somewhere in the middle of the pack of anti-rust treatments. It offers some protection though and I haven't experienced any rust issues.

As I said, it is very specialized, but it does that one thing VERY well— reduce friction.

Some other things to consider:

-it is a light grease about the consistency of lotion. You can't just hose it on like CLP. It needs to be deliberately applied as a thin coating.

-it has never failed me, to include temperatures ranging from 9° – 90°F (MN weather)

-in the container, it will separate into a thick-ish liquid and the white compound if you leave it sit around long enough. Shake before using.

-a little goes a long way. "A dab'll do ya." —AVE

But that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If it slides, gets used.  Of course, I still have Enos Slide Glide too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably the best grease out there aside from automotive Mobil1 grease. I have every one of their products from their MC2500, MC3000, and their TW25B grease. I have a gallon of their TW25B grease.

I recommend getting a tip applicator to best use this. I put a small amount in a tobacco can and do it that way. Just to explain how far this stuff last I filled a tobacco can up last year and still haven't used it all. The gallon I bought will probably last forever.

A cool thing is you can blend your own quasi-"CLP" blend using TW25B. This is approved by Milcomm, btw. You take 20% of TW25B and mix it with about 80% of pure (91% or greater) Isopropyl. You shake it up and you can spread it around a larger area. I bought a bottle of 1.75oz of the NRA branded TW25B grease and just pour in the isopropyl to get a good blend. Milcomm also sells this same blend in a spray container.

Check out their website for usage instructions:

https://www.mil-comm.com/defense/uses#Instructions
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used it on and off for a while.  A sample came with my Sig 226.  It works fine and stays where you put it but it disappears and dries out fast when shooting.  150 round USPSA match on my 9mm 1911and it was dry and a little stiff.
I like the Militec-1 grease better but not on the 1911 slide.  Too sticky
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top