Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2016 12:17:23 PM EDT
http://www.amazon.com/5-56-Extractor-O-ring-Crane-pack/dp/B00IEIU9VK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463069286&sr=8-1&keywords=ar15+o-ring

Just curious if anyone else ordered from this guy before.....  It says their crane O Rings.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I have had very good results with the one-piece rings from Brownells. Seem to last as long as the other rings, and never have to worry about the gap spacing.

BBUUTTTT I am SURE someone will be along shortly to tell us that I am doing it wrong

ETA: My mistake.....did not see the reference to "Extractor O rings"
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Due to that packaging, it looks like he just went to home depot and bought a bag of 100 #60 orings, then repackaged them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Due to that packaging, it looks like he just went to home depot and bought a bag of 100 #60 orings, then repackaged them.
View Quote

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

What do you use on your carbines?  Or do you?  I was going to put one on my M4gery because it doesn't have one in there now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
They're cheap, and you can't just buy one, so I toss them on. Can't hurt.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally as soon as my bolts factory Extractor Spring or O Ring start to wear out I replace them with Springco Chrome Silicon Springs.  So long as they dont rust (put some oil on them) and Depending on how much you shoot they will last you years if not the rest of your life without issue.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t use the o-rings.
The o-ring is a fix for a problem in high cyclic rate M4’s.
Virtually any of the currently available HD springs is more than enough for the vast majority of AR’s.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're cheap, and you can't just buy one, so I toss them on. Can't hurt.
View Quote

Maybe if I ever see you at the range, I'll raid your tool box.  hehehehehe.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Just note that Amazon has a variety of sellers selling that same product. There's no way to know if one seller is selling the same product or not. So be sure to read who you are buying it from before you buy it. If possible, try to buy things directly from Amazon rather than one of the sellers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Do yourself a favor;

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm-exspring-1.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm-exspring-3.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SOPMOD-Bolt-Upgrade-Rebuild-Kit-p/bcm-sopmod-bolt-kit.htm

Go with one of these. Do not use the O Ring. The spring is plenty.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for that tip.  I think someone else recommended those to me in another thread.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for that tip.  I think someone else recommended those to me in another thread.
View Quote

BCM springs are Chrome Silicon.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top