Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 3:07:54 PM EDT
i have always used clp ,but wanted to try slip 2000's line of products.
do i use the cleaner/degreaser on all parts including the bore ?  if so do i use it before or after i use bore cleaner (carbon killer)?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't use the cleaner/degreaser on the bore, only the other dirty parts.  The cleaner/degreaser for me is probably better suited to all the little bits of a pistol, and the outside of the barrel assembly.  Be aware it very completely and quickly removes all the stuff off the parts, so you'll need to be careful to not leave bare parts alone long.  They will be bone dry after a quick spray & scrub.

Carbon killer is good for the bore, and the BCG.  It's more of a soak parts in it solution, hence the jars they have of it.  Good to soak a BCG in for a while.  Directions say not to let it dry on parts, and if you leave anything behind it will make your rifle continue to smell fruity for a long period of time.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the Carbon Killer on the bore and parts such as the bolt/ carrier. Let soak and then scub with a brush. Next flush everything with the 725 degreaser. and dry. Then a thin coat of EWL lube on everything.

http://www.slip2000.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=S&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60372

http://www.slip2000.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=S&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60392

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool thanks for the advice guys
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top