Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 11:37:41 PM EDT
I'm thinking the Mil-comm MC3000 is used for LSA since it has a NSN and it is marketed towards machine guns which require LSA.

My question is does anyone know what brand of LSA the current military uses?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot of different vendors.  Last quart can I got was made in the 90s by a European firm, but I've also seen three or four US vendors.

Last 4-ounce plastic squeeze bottle was tan vice Vietnam-era OD green.  Data was on a white sticky label vice black print directly on the bottle.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking the Mil-comm MC3000 is used for LSA since it has a NSN and it is marketed towards machine guns which require LSA.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lot of different vendors.  Last quart can I got was made in the 90s by a European firm, but I've also seen three or four US vendors.

Last 4-ounce plastic squeeze bottle was tan vice Vietnam-era OD green.  Data was on a white sticky label vice black print directly on the bottle.

Lubricant, Small Arms, MIL-L-46000, is not the same as MC3000,

LSA is available from the following sources:

ARPOLUBE 46000  NEXEO SOLUTIONS, LLC
CSD
9733 MEADOR RD
CONROE, TX 773032335
USA
www.nexeosolutions.com
Test Reference: AR-88-10  
4N760

BRAYCOTE 646  CASTROL INDUSTRIAL NORTH AMERICA INC.
150 W WARRENVILLE RD STE 605
NAPERVILLE, IL 605638473
USA

2R128

SENT-46000  LUBRIFIANTS SENTINEL CORP, LES
SENTINEL CANADA
7300 RUE SAINT-JACQUES
MONTREAL, QC H4B 1W1
CANADA

FA LAB REPORT 155837
3AD00

NSNs for Lubricant, Small Arms, MIL-L-46000:

1 Gallon Jug - 9150-00-753-4686
1 Quart Jug - 9150-00-687-4241
4 Ounce Bottle - 9150-00-889-3522
2 Ounce Bottle - 9150-00-935-6597

NSN for MC3000 (No military specification):

5962-01-475-3087 - 1 gallon Jug
5962-01-475-3087 - 16 ounce Jug
5962-01-475-3065 - 8 ounce Squeeze Bottle
5962-01-475-3064 - 8 ounce Jug
5962-01-475-3055 - 4 ounce squeeze Bottle
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
An NSN doesn't mean it's used by the military. It's just in the government stock system. Most every federal agency uses the NSN system to purchase items, so it's not a military specific system.
It's not all that difficult to get a NSN, a lot of products have them whether or not used by the military or any other agency. The National Stock system it like a federally approved list of products. Not that any particular product is approved by any specfic agency.

For a product to be used by the military (with some exceptions) it would need to meet a specific mlitary specification, mil-x-xxxxx, and the company would need to have been issued a CAGE code. And remember that a CAGE code is also used by civillian agencies AND most companies can get them even if they never supply anything. It puts the company on the list of vendors.

Companies with a CAGE code are like a federally approved store, and the NSN are the listed items they carry. Not that any of the products sold by any of the companies are actually used.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
An NSN doesn't mean it's used by the military. It's just in the government stock system. Most every federal agency uses the NSN system to purchase items, so it's not a military specific system.
It's not all that difficult to get a NSN, a lot of products have them whether or not used by the military or any other agency. The National Stock system it like a federally approved list of products. Not that any particular product is approved by any specfic agency.

For a product to be used by the military (with some exceptions) it would need to meet a specific mlitary specification, mil-x-xxxxx, and the company would need to have been issued a CAGE code. And remember that a CAGE code is also used by civillian agencies AND most companies can get them even if they never supply anything. It puts the company on the list of vendors.

Companies with a CAGE code are like a federally approved store, and the NSN are the listed items they carry. Not that any of the products sold by any of the companies are actually used.
View Quote

No, it does not.

As long as there is an NSN assigned the military can order that item.  And, in order to get an NSN (or have your parts added the NSN list of equivalents), you have to have a CAGE code.  There is an awful lot of stuff that does not have a MIL-Spec, especially since they killed half of them in the 1990s. Products with actual military specifications are more the exception than the rule these days.

A CAGE code does not mean you are an approved "store", all it means is you are now in the "USG phonebook".

'Qualification' gets you to be an "approved store" and qualification is part specific, you get qualified to make a particular NSN, specification item, or part number.  

As long as you have Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) you can get a CAGE code.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

CSD
9733 MEADOR RD
CONROE, TX 773032335
USA
www.nexeosolutions.com
4N760

NAPERVILLE, IL 605638473
USA

2R128

SENTINEL CANADA
7300 RUE SAINT-JACQUES
MONTREAL, QC H4B 1W1
CANADA

FA LAB REPORT 155837
3AD00

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

CSD
9733 MEADOR RD
CONROE, TX 773032335
USA
www.nexeosolutions.com
4N760

NAPERVILLE, IL 605638473
USA

2R128

SENTINEL CANADA
7300 RUE SAINT-JACQUES
MONTREAL, QC H4B 1W1
CANADA

FA LAB REPORT 155837
3AD00

Thanks for the huge list. I ordered some MC3000 since I like Mil comm's other products.

I also ordered some surplus LSA in the green bottle. Hopefully it'll come this week and I can test it out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the huge list. I ordered some MC3000 since I like Mil comm's other products.

I also ordered some surplus LSA in the green bottle. Hopefully it'll come this week and I can test it out.
View Quote

Just so you know, oil does have a shelf life.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I tried some old unopened m14 rifle grease from the early 70s and it worked wonderfully. Only negative thing is the horrendous smell when you open the can.

Depending on how this LSA was stored I have some level of comfort it will work wonderfully.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got the LSA in the mail. It is dated March 91. The smell is great and doesn't smell rotten. Putting it on my bolt it looks like it's going to work well. Can't wait to hit the range with it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, it does not.

As long as there is an NSN assigned the military can order that item.  And, in order to get an NSN (or have your parts added the NSN list of equivalents), you have to have a CAGE code.  There is an awful lot of stuff that does not have a MIL-Spec, especially since they killed half of them in the 1990s. Products with actual military specifications are more the exception than the rule these days.

A CAGE code does not mean you are an approved "store", all it means is you are now in the "USG phonebook".

'Qualification' gets you to be an "approved store" and qualification is part specific, you get qualified to make a particular NSN, specification item, or part number.  

As long as you have Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) you can get a CAGE code.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it does not.

So even more it doesn't mean isn't used by anybody in the government, military or civillian.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So even more it doesn't mean isn't used by anybody in the government, military or civillian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
???

Having an NSN assigned means it can be used by anybody in the USG, military or civilian.

It may very well be an "or equivalent" to an existing lubricant...

The major point of the post was that this statement:
For a product to be used by the military (with some exceptions) it would need to meet a specific mlitary [sic] specification, mil-x-xxxxx

is false.

Many products are used by the military that do not meet a specific "military specification".

For example:  Jet-A and Jet-B jet fuels, both have an NSN, neither meet any military specification, but are used rather extensively as substitutes for JP-8 and JP-5.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
???

Having an NSN assigned means it can be used by anybody in the USG, military or civilian.

is false.

Many products are used by the military that do not meet a specific "military specification".

For example:  Jet-A and Jet-B jet fuels, both have an NSN, neither meet any military specification, but are used rather extensively as substitutes for JP-8 and JP-5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
???

For a product to be used by the military (with some exceptions) it would need to meet a specific mlitary [sic] specification, mil-x-xxxxx

is false.

Just because it can be used by the military (and the other federal agencies that use the NSN system) doesn't mean that it is used by anyone. Anything can get an NSN. It doesn't mean that anyone actually buys and uses it.
Just as most any company can get a CAGE code, it doesn't mean that company actually has a contract, or sells anything to the government.

Yeah, I fucked up and made a mistake about products having to meet a specification. Move on and stop focusing so narrowly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just because it can be used by the military (and the other federal agencies that use the NSN system) doesn't mean that it is used by anyone. Anything can get an NSN. It doesn't mean that anyone actually buys and uses it.
Just as most any company can get a CAGE code, it doesn't mean that company actually has a contract, or sells anything to the government.

Yeah, I fucked up and made a mistake about products having to meet a specification. Move on and stop focusing so narrowly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
???

is false.

So you have queried every single unit, activity and post in the entire US military and have confirmed that no one is using it.  

Well, some one using it is, they bought whole bunch of it recently....
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So you have queried every single unit, activity and post in the entire US military and have confirmed that no one is using it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
???

is false.

What are you talking about? I made a general statement that just because a product has a NSN or CAGE code it doesn't mean it's actually used by anyone. Anything more than that is your imagination.

Additionally, just because one or two units might use something, that doesn't mean it's military issue. Unless you're the marketing guy for some product.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What are you talking about? I made a general statement that just because a product has a NSN or CAGE code it doesn't mean it's actually used by anyone. Anything more than that is your imagination.

Additionally, just because one or two units might use something, that doesn't mean it's military issue. Unless you're the marketing guy for some product.
View Quote

Well, the fact that over 250 gallons of MC 3000 was ordered in 2015, tells me someone is using it in quantity.

And, Mil-Comm is a 'real' military supplier, they have at least a million $ in contracts unlike, say BCM, who has none.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#16]
double post.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:24:50 AM EDT
[#17]
And you're still ranting without making any damn sense. I never said a thing about Mil-comm not being currently issued.
I made a general statement that just because some company has a NSN it doesn't mean that anyone uses them or that it's used in large quantity.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And you're still ranting without making any damn sense. I never said a thing about Mil-comm not being currently issued.
I made a general statement that just because some company has a NSN it doesn't mean that anyone uses them or that it's used in large quantity.

View Quote

16,000 2-oz bottles, that might be considered 'volume use'....
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you being dense intentionally or do you have a learning disability? Or just trolling? I'm asking a serious question, because you can't get past Milcomm.... I'm not saying a damn thing about Mil-com. At all. Or any other specific product for that matter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]
OP Request
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top