Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 10:01:52 PM EDT
Been using Wipe out for a long time and been happy with the results but I've heard great things about Bore tech eliminator.

Who's used both and which do you prefer?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Wipe Out is ok. Eliminator works better. You be the judge!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I used Bore Tech myself and found it to work good enough. Haven't really messed around with bore solvents though to really form any opinion. I only used Hoppes, Sweet's, KG12, and Bore Tech. Out of those the Bore Tech and KG12 seem to work the best for me, especially when coupled with a nylon brush. Basically I put a wet patch in first, then use a nylon brush to clean it, then I keep using patches until they come out clean. I follow it up with a normal CLP or coat of oil of some sort. Seems to work really well in that regard.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Wipe out gets stuff out of the barrel you never even knew was in there. Use it once a year on all my firearms.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wipe out gets stuff out of the barrel you never even knew was in there. Use it once a year on all my firearms.
View Quote

Plus it does it without a lot of wear and tear on your barrel. I know this is the AR forum but I'm a shooter of all disciplines, good bolt action target barrels are expensive. I'll bet over 50% get more wear from cleaning than shooting, even the guys that think they know what they are doing can be darn hard on them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of foaming bore cleaners don't recommend being used in guns with a gas tube, not sure if its because it can corrode if left long enough or if its a CYA type deal. Also as I learned today, beware of back pressure, I'm currently staring at foam clinging to my ceiling.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top