Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2015 1:48:13 PM EDT
I went to an outdoor range and was finally able to try shooting steel cased ammo.

I noticed that my 7.62x39 ar mags (some modified ASC and normal C Products Defense) which work really well with brass cased ammo was having occasional hang ups, nose dives, etc.

And in my normal ar 30 round gi mags I could only fit about 20 rounds (for some reason?) and in my pmags I could only fit around 28.

Does anyone have any similar experiences with steel case ammo?

ETA: I just realized I placed this in the wrong forum, I meant to put this on the troubleshooting board.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes the lack of lubricity on the steel cases can drag on the walls of the mag.  A little silicone/lube/whatever will help with that.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top