Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2015 3:26:36 PM EDT
Looking for a good spray bottle of lube that I can apply to rifles prior to storage.

Many of the aerosol based lubes just fling out and hope for the best causing a ton of drips and making it near impossible to get full coverage.

Anything out there that is highly atomized to make a nice even coat that doesn't do the above?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.lpslabs.com/index

Check out their firearms brochure. Have used these lubes for decades in aviation. The LPS3 is a very good corrosion inhibitor. Used it quite extensively during restorations.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
just oil soak a cotton patch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Leaves remnants of cotton patch everywhere.

Just looking for a highly atomized spray.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Shield Rust Preventative ™
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If you cant find  one, maybe something like a airbrush.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Hornady one shot
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use a 7/8" stencil brush to apply lubes.Keep the brush in a paint ball tube,or plastic cigar tube to keep it clean.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have that, but it appears to "dry".

Works great for some applications, but for others I'm looking for the oil to basically stay.

Great product, and disperses perfectly.....just want it to hang around in an oily fashion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Works great for some applications, but for others I'm looking for the oil to basically stay.

Great product, and disperses perfectly.....just want it to hang around in an oily fashion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try the paint brush trick. It works well and no fuzzies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a soft toothbrush with a few drops of CLP Breakfree on it to "scrub" guns.  This leaves a thin layer of lube on the gun, but not too much.

If nothing else, buy a cheap empty spray bottle in the beauty section of Walmart or most any discount store and fill it with CLP.
Just adjust the nozzle to get however a fine mist you want.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hornady one shot
View Quote

This...I really like this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Check out their firearms brochure. Have used these lubes for decades in aviation. The LPS3 is a very good corrosion inhibitor. Used it quite extensively during restorations.
View Quote

This is what I have used for many years on vehicles. Just recently bought another case [on line] I think the formulation is a bit different then the older stuff. Not cheap but I do my frames and inside all the door skins every year before winter.

I think a can ran me around $11 when I bought a case [12] of it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is what I have used for many years on vehicles. Just recently bought another case [on line] I think the formulation is a bit different then the older stuff. Not cheap but I do my frames and inside all the door skins every year before winter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good stuff. I always had a can of the LPS1 handy on the job. Worked great as a basic light lube on seat tracks, door lock mechanisms, ect.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top