Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2015 9:54:11 PM EDT
Hey guys. well my rifles are not functioning correctly, in short, they do no lock back on the last round. I've diagnosed the problem with the buffer sping. I currently have a JP silent capture spring. Pretty much the spring is too stiff. I want to move back to a standard spring. my question is which buffer do i get since I dont want to buy several weighted buffers to test the cycling.

rifle 1. 16" midleng gas system
rifle 2 12.5" midlength gas system
rifle 3 12.5" carbine length gas system.

I run a suppressor on all 3 rifles. except I dont always run one. So i'm tying to find a buffer that will do well with and without a suppressor. short and standard barrel.

any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys. well my rifles are not functioning correctly, in short, they do no lock back on the last round. I've diagnosed the problem with the buffer sping. I currently have a JP silent capture spring. Pretty much the spring is too stiff. I want to move back to a standard spring. my question is which buffer do i get since I dont want to buy several weighted buffers to test the cycling.

rifle 1. 16" midleng gas system
rifle 2 12.5" midlength gas system
rifle 3 12.5" carbine length gas system.

I run a suppressor on all 3 rifles. except I dont always run one. So i'm tying to find a buffer that will do well with and without a suppressor. short and standard barrel.

any suggestions?
View Quote

The standard carbine buffer should work fine if you don't want to play with weights. I run H2's with milspec buffer springs.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
What receiver extension do you have?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I run BCM milspec carbine buffer tubes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run BCM milspec carbine buffer tubes.
View Quote

I use LMT milspec carbine buffer tubes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I run a vltor milspec 5 position buffertube. I placed an order for a carbine buffer spring and H2 buffer. going to see how that works if everything comes in by the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you aware that JP makes a spring pack for this system?  You should be able to get one that works.  If you're intent on switching back, I'll buy the JP off you (serious, PM me).
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top