Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2015 11:14:58 PM EDT
I know asking for both is a bit much. I'm fed up with the piece of garbage known as the Wheeler multi tool.

I stumbled across a cheap tapco wrench which has worked very well for castle nuts, and flash hiders.

Are there any good barrel nut wrenches?

I usually avoid NC Star but this has good reviews all around.
https://www.primaryarms.com/NcStar_2nd_Generation_AR_Combo_Armorer_s_Wrench_To_p/tarw2.htm

Anyone else have one? Not looking to drop $50-$75 on a Magpul Wrench.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Tapco Armorer's wrench (that's the heavy thick one, not the cheaper Tapco "castle nut wrench" which is the thinner one). About $40. That's my recommendation.
Nothing wrong with the Magpul, so long as you get one on sale (happens sometimes). I'd never pay full price for it over the Tapco heavy version.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had a DPMS combo wrench for probably 15yrs. Back when I bought it there was little else to use. When Bushmaster sold out and they liquidating old stock I bought a couple of USGI barrel wrenches that snap on to a breaker bar or torque wrench. They are fantastic and cheap.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top