Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:33:20 PM EDT
Which do you guys prefer, and why?  I simply want the best and longest lasting gun oil I can buy.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm...could you clarify the question? Are you asking which of the two presented options will last longer or what product in the Lube Toolbox will maintain it's presence on your shooting' iron over the longest period of time?

If the later:

[Spoiler] It's not oil...it's grease. OH SHIT PLOT TWIST!!!

If the former:

I have no idea () as I use WLG (bolt contact surfaces) and SMO/SATF/acetone for lubrication purposes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm...could you clarify the question? Are you asking which of the two presented options will last longer or what product in the Lube Toolbox will maintain it's presence on your shooting' iron over the longest period of time?

If the later:

[Spoiler] It's not oil...it's grease. OH SHIT PLOT TWIST!!!

If the former:

I have no idea () as I use WLG (bolt contact surfaces) and SMO/SATF/acetone for lubrication purposes.
View Quote

Essentially, from my understanding, the EWL is the "drier" of the two, and the EWL 30 is more of a hybrid of oil/grease.  I'm leaning more toward the EWL 30, but just want real world testimony.  This is just for standard lubrication of the AR (bolt, carrier, charging handle, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Best IMO (regardless of cost):  Mil-Comm...specifically, TW-25B.

If it's good enough for 30mm cannons and minis, it's good enough for an AR.

The Slips are good, too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the new Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil.

I've had good luck with it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  Lots of good products out there it seems.  I've always been a CLP guy (and Rem-Oil for my hunting guns) but will definitely try the Slip 2000 or Lucas.  I use some Lucas products on my yard equipment, so I know they're pretty good too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Of the Slip2000 lubes,I honestly feel the Slip2000 GUN LUBE still remains the best of the bunch overall.It has a viscosity somewhere between the EWL and EWL 30,stays put,is slick and more affordable.Thats what I found in using all of Slips2000's lubes,and my opinion.Either way the Slip2000 lubes are excellent products,low odor, well established and proven,so pick one and use it would be my recommendation.
For cleaning all I ever used was the Gun Lube or EWL as a CLP,never used the cleaners.That said for bore cleaning before long term storage I use Hoppe's No.9 or BoreTech,then patch the bore with alcohol before oiling for storage.

I'd also have to agree with the others, that for a stand alone lube/protectant the Milcomm TW25B is a outstanding product in every way.I also very much like the Mil-comm MC2500 OIL(aka TW25B oil).The TW25B and MC2500 oil are my dedicated pistol lubes and have been for well over a decade and I have absolutely no complaints.So I'd also highly recommend the Milcomm as well.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top