Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:47:03 PM EDT
Slip 2000 EWL or EWL30 in a suppressed DI SBR?

Poll inbound

ETA: I use Slip 2000 EWL currently but my bcg dries out fairly quickly (it starts off dripping wet). It got me thinking, would the 30 version work better?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the EWL30  but it's really thick or thicker in my opinion (tacky kind of). Not sure how it fares up north, but it's good to go in Florida. :)  EWL (std version) seems to be to thin for my liking.
I have so much lube in my search for Wonder Lube, and I grab it once in a while and apply... I typically grab what's at arms reach, while clean and lubing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've not found Slip to perform well in suppressed ARs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
EWL works very well in mine, I wouldn't want anything thicker
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have only run EWL in mine.  It does seem to dry out after a few hundred rounds, but I have not had any issues.  I don't do the white glove cleaning on mine either.  I usually just wipe off the BCG or just reapply through the vent holes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not found Slip to perform well in suppressed ARs.
View Quote

What works for you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I use regular Slip 2000 on my AR's for the sole reason that it seems to keep the bolt wet longer than any other oil.  I haven't noticed how it does with my suppressor, but I'd be curious how the regular compares to the EWL.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies so far! Keep em coming! I want to here from more people on running their suppressed SBRs. If Slip if not for you, what do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies so far! Keep em coming! I want to here from more people on running their suppressed SBRs. If Slip if not for you, what do you prefer and why?
View Quote

Mine is a suppressed 12" AR...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top