Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:26:35 AM EDT
I heard there are long swabs for getting down into the gas tube.  What's out there fellas?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm of the school gas tubes don't need cleaned, the pressure/heat will keep it clean. When you try and clean it and leave stuff in the tube your just asking for trouble.

Clint
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I heard there are long swabs for getting down into the gas tube.  What's out there fellas?
View Quote

No need to clean.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Once in a big while I flush out the Gas tube with a blast of Gun Scrubber spray. That's about it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I fall on the side that thinks anything you stick or squirt into the gas tube has potential to cause problems down the line.

If any one had a feeling their tube "might" get plugged up I would encourage them to buy and have on hand a gas tube as a spare but don't be surprised if you never use it.

The true path to having a problem free gas tube is to keep your hands off it
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
This topic is brought up ad naseum. There is no need to clean the gas tube.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Change it when the barrel is worn out or if clogged.

AJ
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it...thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once in a big while I flush out the Gas tube with a blast of Gun Scrubber spray. That's about it.
View Quote

me too but in reality, it doesn't need cleaning and never will.  You will kill the barrel long long long before needing to clean the gas tube.  just swap gas tubes when you swap barrels.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It is rare, but gas tubes can be stopped up.
From the Lucky Gunner test it would appear Brown Bear has the capability.
If there is a problem I would replace the gas tube.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top