Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:19:31 AM EDT
I want a more tight fit for 308 sized cleaning patches so they clean better.

Who makes such a beast and in a quality material?

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
outers bulk pack of 300. 1.5 x 3 inch part number 42355.  I had to order from their web site last time

because I couldnt find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say you'd want something 1.75" to 2". 2" will allow you to trim to find the fit you want. One brand of jag will vary from the next brand. Some barrels will seem to run tighter then others. Hard to say what exact size patch will work best for you. Find a small pack of bigger than needed patches. Trim to fit to your liking. Buy those size patches.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
outers bulk pack of 300. 1.5 x 3 inch part number 42355.  I had to order from their web site last time

View Quote

Got them, tried them and still way too lose. I have to use 3 patches to end up with a tight enough fit, so I suppose that's one solution.

The quality does seem to be pretty high.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Got them, tried them and still way too lose. I have to use 3 patches to end up with a tight enough fit, so I suppose that's one solution.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are using the wrong jag.  I have those special patches that fit perfectly.  Even a square of t-shirt material is tight. I use a Dewey rod with the .30 cleaning jag.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are using the wrong jag.  I have those special patches that fit perfectly.  Even a square of t-shirt material is tight. I use a Dewey rod with the .30 cleaning jag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Whats your jag OD?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
100% double nap cotton flannel patches, color white.

lots of places sell them. Midway Oxi-Oak, Pro Shot, Dewy, etc.

Material and size (1.75sq) is more important than "Brand" name.

I used to goto the sewing supply shop for patches. Cut them to size using a paper cuter. Now I just buy in bulk.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=265811

used with a 30 cal brass jag from dewey and midway brand, loop requires 2 patches never that tight. Have wrapped a patch around a worn brush and used that in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I use nothing but 12ga cotton patches.  For .30 cal I cut them in half.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top